+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Will we ever get engaged?

I think you are losing your mind over this guy that don't want you as much as you want him.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

My bf said I have to figure out if I want our relationship to continue & if so, we both need to identify what we would change
    You should change your underwear everyday.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    I think you are losing your mind over this guy that don't want you as much as you want him.
    He's a successful hot guy who could have anyone but still chooses me even after feeling betrayed by me constantly talking to my guy friend, and nagging him about marriage weekly. He would not stick around if he didn't truly love me & see good in me

No he's a coward, and is waiting for you to do the breaking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roses919191 View Post
    He would not stick around if he didn't truly love me & see good in me
    Where on earth do you get these ideas from? You're either completely delusional or seriously lacking in life experience. People stick around in relationships where there's no future for all kinds of reasons. Mostly due to convenience, cowardice or laziness
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Not a guy who's very independent and perfectly content being alone. A very good looking successful guy who I ikniw has a a lot of options. That kind of guy doesn't just stick around for someone he doesn't really think is worth it (and tell his buddies he wants to propose soon)

Not a guy who's very independent and perfectly content being alone. A very good looking successful guy who I ikniw has a a lot of options. That kind of guy doesn't just stick around for someone he doesn't really think is worth it (and tell his buddies he wants to propose soon)
    So if you're so sure about all of this, why did you start this thread? And why nag him about marrying you?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I have a long history of anxiety disorder, I'm on meds, I frequwntky just keep obsessing and replaying thoughts and doubts in my head. If not about 1 topic I find another

No, that kind of guy keeps a door mat at home to do his laundry (you) while he has sex with other women of low self-worth. Then, he eventually marries who his mother says he should.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thats the problem Rose. You see higher value in this guy, you think hes better than other guys, maybe even better than you. Thats why you take his crap. When you think that guy is special and better than others thats where you are a little crazy already. It will take you a long time to realize that its just a guy and nothing special. At least the way he threats you - hes not putting you on the same pedestal where you put him.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 23-03-15 at 10:23 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789