+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did my girlfriend fake cheat on me? Or real cheat on me?

Did my girlfriend fake cheat on me? Or real cheat on me?

A couple days ago my girlfriend was having some serious issue that I couldn't help her with. Her best friend and uncle died on the same day and I was out on a family vacation so I couldn't be there for her. She hung out with some friends that night and didn't respond to my text or call which I though was weird. The next morning she texted me saying that she fell asleep and that she was at a friend's house. We were in an argument the day before and she still seemed mad at me and we were arguing again. All of a sudden she send me a picture of her and a guy in a bed saying he's all she wants. I flipped out and ended the relationship right there. Six hours later she tells me that the she was really mad at me and that the guy in the picture was her friend's boyfriend and her friends influence her to do that to me because they thought it would be a funny joke. She apologized to me and told me it wasn't funny and that she didn't sleep with a guy and it was understandable if I didn't take her back. Of course my foolish self took her back. She told me that she was under the influence of strong painkillers (which she has never done before) and was messed up from all the recent deaths and her friends convinced her to sent the picture to me. I believed her at the time but now I'm a little more skeptical.
    1.) Why would it take her six hours for her to tell me that it was a joke? Did she actually cheat on me and realized how much she messed up and didn't want me to feel so bad?
    2.) Why didn't she want me back? She seemed like she didn't even care if she got me back or not. Did she feel bad that she cheated on me and didn't want me back because it wouldn't be fair for me?
    3.) What would bring a girl to do this? Should I believe her?

There is nothing funny about what she did and there is no excuse to justify it. Seems like a really twisted "joke" IF shes telling the truth. I would ask for proof that he is her friends bf. Do they have a facebook you can look up? Have you ever met this friend? If not, why not?? Do some snooping and digging on FB before you confront her and try to find this guy. Look at her friends relationship status and pictures..

try to make some sense of this on your own first before asking her coz if shes already lying, she will continue to do so
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I have to agree with Michelle here. I can't see ANY excuse for that being okay in the slightest as a joke.... and that is if you assume she is telling the truth. Personally, I find that a little hard to believe. Especially when you consider some of the points you bring up yourself. If it was just a joke, why would it take her hours to reveal that, especially considering you had broken it off with her as result?

It all sounds a bit fishy to me. I would agree with Michelle's advice of trying to get some proof, because that story just does not make sense to me.

Yea... if she'd even joke about something like that... that would be a very good reason to dump her immature ass. She's fkd up.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Yea... if she'd even joke about something like that... that would be a very good reason to dump her immature ass. She's fkd up.
    I agree with this. It doesn't matter if she was joking or not, just the fact she did something like this is a disrespect for you and the relationship...it would be justifiable to dump her over this.

That's a good point that hadn't occurred to me. I had been too busy being unable to fathom why somebody would make a joke like that in the first place to even think of it that way. It is a very good point, though. Pretending for a moment that she actually literally was just joking..... even that is NOT okay by any stretch of the imagination. So, yeah, I think your answer is pretty clear. But, that is just what we all seem to think. Just like anything else in your life, it will have to be your decision.

Yah, not funny one single bit. Makes me wonder how she'd feel if you sent her a pic of you getting a lap dance from some exotica diva with a text saying 'Just married'.... Ah, a barrel of laughs indeed.

I know. It's not at all funny.... Unlike the texts I always send to the women I'm dating where I'm holding a severed head with a big grin on my face, blood all over my hands, and the caption reading: My latest "friend." Those are HILARIOUS!

Because... you know... those are totally just a joke. :-D I don't get why those women never date me again. I think they just have no sense of humor.

(Well, come on. I felt like I had to. Been a bit too long since I broke out a good homicidal maniac joke. LOL!)