+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I run for good or should I wait it out?

Should I run for good or should I wait it out?

New user here so if I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologize. I need advice from you ladies. I've been dating this girl on and off for the past two years. When we were together, and in love, things were perfect. When we weren't, they weren't so great. Basically We were a couple for the first nine months, she broke up with me, then a year later after we had been on and off and on and off for the entire year, we decided to give it another shot. That was this past October. She has always had a problem with randomly telling me that we shouldn't be together, but she loved me more than anyone before. Then she would always bring up the past. Anyway, we decided to get back together, I took her on a cruise at the end of November with my family. Had a great time. We get back and a week later she's breaking up with me again, not because she doesn't want to be with me, but because of the past. This is my thing, all the stuff she brings up never happened. She says I'm cheating on her and have been with the mother of my son, that didn't happen. She thinks I was on a dating website while we were together initially because I sent a message to one of her friends. I was on a dating website and apparently I did do that, but it had to have been before we were together or after we split up. I even provided emails and opened my gmail account to her to show when I started my membership and canceled it. It was clearly out of the range from when we were together. I didn't know the girl was her friend either btw. She accuses me of not wanting here during the period of time that we split up-even though we slept together multiple times every few weeks during the breakup period and I clearly stated that I wanted her back multiple times. She asked to be fwb at one point while she was dating other people and I told her I wanted more but if that was all I could get I would take it. I also made it clear that I wasn't dating anyone because she was all I wanted. Okay, so she basically picks fights, brings up the past, tell me I don't love her, tells me I don't want her, then brings up stuff that never happened a lot. I'm one of those hopeless romantics that leaves little notes everywhere on occasion, sends random flowers, takes her out on nice dates. We also have a phenominal sex life. I love this girl like there is no tomorrow. It would make me the happiest person alive to be with her. So a week after the cruise, she breaks up with me again, as mentioned earlier, for some reason I go into defense mode and try to help her rationalize everything she was saying, because the stuff she was accusing me of just wasn't true. Keep in mind this is the exact same argument we have had over and over and over again for the past two years. A week later were still not on the best of terms and haven't even seem each other in a week. When she broke up with me she got upset that I didn't want to remain friends. My outlook on that was that it would be taking a huge step backwards and I didn't want that. So then the argument continues, as described above. I sent her a lengthy email this morning explaining to her everything that has happened over the past two years and why I love her and that I was sorry for a bunch of stuff because I thought maybe I was doing something to make her feel insecure. I didn't word it anything like that btw. I can even post it here if someone wants to see it. So now she is in "i don't ever want to see you again or hear from you again" mode. I guess what I'm asking is should I run for the hills? Should I give her her space and ride it out? Is this normal or am I crazy for sticking around so long? I just know when things between us are good, they are really good. If it helps, she hasn't met my son, we didn't think that was a good idea a year ago, I was open to it this year but she declined. I haven't met any of her family, only a few close friends. She has met all of mine and my entire family. I can give more details if necessary as well. Thanks in advance for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also add that I'm 33, with a 5 year old son. She's 30 with no kids.

Sorry but she is bat sh it crazy and YOU my friend deserve to find yourself a nice stable lady that has her emotional s hit together. Trust me on this it's for the better especially for your son. I don't care if it HAS been good, it's still bad and that's key. Stop being a pushover, you can do better than her any day, you just need to locate your self worth.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I'm 50, been with my husband for 25 years.

Thanks, bat shit crazy was what I was thinking. I also know I need to work on that other part too. Thank you for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by ojotaylor View Post
    Thanks, bat shit crazy was what I was thinking. I also know I need to work on that other part too. Thank you for your response.
    Acknowledgement means you are half way there