+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how do you get over a broken heart at Christmas?

I don't know for positive, smackie9 I only know he said there was someone else and I "knew of them" when I asked is it someone I know and everything he replied was very vague.That is why I need more discussion to have the truth and then move on. Why would he all of a sudden cheat right before Christmas and break up, why not wait until after the holidays and then confess? he clearly didn't want to be with me doing what he did, so it makes me think it wasn't by accident it had to be ongoing not a one time thing.

Only people I know he was around before that text and his reveal was his roommate and his brother and neither are big drinkers or partyers, I just don't know and I need to know and soon. I can't take much more, my patience is wearing thin with him, I wanted to keep love in my heart and I can't.

Have you spoken with his mom, did she help you or protect him? I would suspect the latter, which I hate because he was wrong, not you & she should not add to your hurt or pain.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Thanks to each who posted. Yes, I talked in person with his mom and I don't recall which poster asked if it could have been a emotional work place affair but as it turns out yes, that is what it was, started in late September, which during the time from late September to right before Christmas break up, this girl met me three different occasions at work drinks with my BF. So she knew he had a long term GF and could also put a face to who she was hurting too. According to his mother he feels guilty, like I feel anything about that, he led me on for months, still having sex with me and probably her too, I don't buy he wasn't ****ing her at least October on. Should have broke up with me months ago when it first occurred, not right before Christmas but instead he let me buy gifts and believe almost right before that he was in love with me still ( he said so in actions and words) and was spending the holidays with me and my family. I hope Karma never lets him or her ever have a successful relationship again, that neither are given the chance to hurt another person via betrayal/relationship and lies. Feel numb, processing everything and been having sharp chest pains probably due to stress. He won't talk to me because he is a coward, liar and cheater and doesn't want to see his actions reflected in the pain on my face. Typical, typical, typical.

Fvck him and the horse he rode in on. You're too good for him and don't you ever forget that. She's a skank and he's a skank-doer-coward. pffft.

Time to stop OCD thinking on this turd and go total zero contact (which means no looking on any of his social media sites as well) and do the mental work you need to do to consciously change the subject when he pops into your head. Start the process to get you to the stage of indifference to him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Sorry, dollhouse :[ But now you can have your closure & start to heal ~ good at least you got some truths. One day it will happen to him too, everything balances out. (((( hugs ))))
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Thank you, Wakeup and breathe123 for your thoughtful and kind words regarding the final outcome of my situation with my ex boyfriend.

I feel I am possibly slipping into a depression over the failure of this and some good girlfriends who are single as well have decided we all must go away for a trip next month the week before and of Valentines day, so I am in the process of planning this now. It gives me something to look forward to and take my mind of what he has done to me and Valentines day would have been hard for me like Christmas was if left here to sit and think alone.

xx

You are welcome & hope the holiday away does you so much good & can bring you light & happiness again too.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Hi,
    have fun and chil out with friends and go out look n to some interesting topics you like ,, keep your mind engage in something different things.
    http://www.californialoveconsultant.com

Thanks, daisy, and breathe123 we are leaving tomorrow late afternoon and gone to enjoy a warm sunny beach enviro and leave lifes worries and pains back here for a awhile. I got wind of news off my recent ex and the one he was f_cking around with behind my back from his workplace, did to him what he did to me for the most part. Karma is sweet. I don't know all the uglies of it, but guess once he was free and no longer cheating he wasn't any fun.Burn in hell both of them!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123