+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how do you get over a broken heart at Christmas?

how do you get over a broken heart at Christmas?

We just broke up yesterday I still have his gifts here. Should I give them anyhow, he broke us up, not me, if that matters.

How long had you been dating? The answer to that depends on how I answer your question.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Hope you get over him soon

Hello, Wakeup and milk&honey.

We were dating almost two years this end of January. Some of the gifts are specifically made for him, a jersey from his fav sports team with his name on it and a mouse pad with a picture of us other is an xbox newly released sports game he wanted. ( that could be given to another, I guess because it isn't personalized )

Thanks, milk&honey. Why didn't he wait until the new year to do this? Who breaks up right before Christmas. That's cold.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S.

I am not going to text him Merry Christmas and wait to see if he will, I feel he won't because of the timing of the break up, must have been planned out so don't feel like being left hanging on a kind text too. He was supposed to go to my parents for our Christmas meal, obviously has other better plans now.

What a grinch.

I would not give them to him. You guys broke up and it would not be suiting. If he decides to come around, then go ahead since it was his decision. I assume you want to make it work.

He most likely broke up with you before Christmas because it would not make the breakup better. Actually, it would make it worse. Most of the time, people break up with someone after they've been thinking about it for a while. It is a little selfish on the dumper's part to continue to reap the emotional rewards from celebrating holidays with a person who thinks everything is okay in the relationship, when it really isn't and they want to break up.

This will give you a chance to celebrate with people you love and return your love. Would you really have wanted to spend your time on the holiday with someone, who shortly after dumps you? I wouldn't. Just more memories that would hurt you in the end, when you falsely believed your relationship was going good.

I'm sorry. I wish you a merry Christmas with your friends and family.

I agree, don't give him any of it. In time and with zero contact you can burn anything personal and as you say, you can give the game to charity or to a relative/friend who will be glad to get it.

I'm sorry you're going through this at Christmas... time will help you get past this.

Why did he break up with you?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Tayhei and Wakeup, what do I do with the jersey with his name on it, and the mouse pad, I got one for me too ( the mouse pad, like that is useful now, who would want those) Couldn't I drop the jersey off at his mom's Christmas day? or don't do that either?

Tayhei, why didn't he do it last month then? Days before a big holiday, that's cold and makes it hurt more and he knew I bought him gifts too, why let me spend so much on Christmas gifts. Guess he didn't spend a dime on me if he knew he'd be doing this. I told my parents I didn't want to celebrate tomorrow, feel sad and thrown away, wanted to sleep and maybe go over after the dinner for two hours when it's less cheery. I didn't know anything was wrong so was excited to spend it together and him with my family. Last year we did the meal with his family, this year was my families turn.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too.

Wakeup, he texted me he wanted to talk and for me to call him and put IMPORTANT!! after it. To make sure I would call quicker than usual and I called as soon as I got his text, and he told me on the phone, not even in person, on the phone. When I started getting upset, he tried to rush himself off, and said we will discuss on the 26th again. I think he must have met someone recently and wanted to have sex with them, and to not cheat on me he broke us up. What else could it be?
    Hope to learn more the 26 th I bet on the 26 th I won't hear from him I know it. BTW we didn't even have a recent fight, I thought as of last week he was looking forward to Christmas with me.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I'm almost in the same situation. We both decided it was better to call it off and we did it 5 days ago. It was a really sucky Christmas.

But we ended things in a civilized way. Because ours was a long distance relationship, on the day we met to end things I took his CHristmas gift I had already bought. He brought mine as well. However, his birthday is in a few days and I had already ordered a scarf of one of his favorite sports teams. On the day we ended our relationship, I asked for his address and told him he'd receive a gift because I had already bought it, the scarf didn't mean anything to me and I didn't want to keep it and remember what it represented, so I may as well give it to him.

But it really is up to you. We ended on good terms even though I'm pissed now. You do what you think it will make you feel better. If you think you're better off burning all of those things or keeping the game to give it to somebody else, you do that. If you want to give them to him so you don't have to keep them, do that.

Quote Originally Posted by dollhouse View Post
    We just broke up yesterday I still have his gifts here. Should I give them anyhow, he broke us up, not me, if that matters.

What a mean thing to do to someone you love/d & he never let on at all. For that I wouldn't give gifts you bought out of love to him, you could sell the jersey on some site online for price you spent, because would still have tags & is unused, same for the game.

Then with the money you get back buy yourself something nice.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Thanks, atir12 and breathe123. Very hurt and sad over this and being done during a festive happy holiday, not gonna type much right now.

I cut up and garbage both mouse-pads and will sell other two items like you said, breathe123 to recoup some money spent on a person who deceived me. I was right Wasted 2 years on this coward.

I'm sorry that he did this to you & this time of the year too. Hope your friends & family are comfort for you ~ Wish you a better 2015.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

dollhouse any updates?

Smackie9 look above my post she updated yesterday, I take it what she suspected was correct from her earlier posts & what she said yesterdays posts.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Dollhouse where or what was he doing the night before he broke up with you?

Thank you and I hope so too, breathe123. Had to change my new year plans too because of this.

My update was stating the reason for the breakup was the exact one I suspected and said in this thread and with someone I know too and had no clue. I don't know where he was that night, talk every day, by text, phone and every other day we see each other in person, we didn't live together. I would think he was with his roommate and his brother, I don't know, why do you ask, smackie9.

I guess it meant more to spend this Christmas with them over not hurting me at Christmas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast