+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is my ex doing...

What is my ex doing...

Long story short, we dated on and off for two years. She broke up with me a few weeks ago accusing me of doing all this stuff that never happened. We argued for a week straight because I'm just not cool with being accused of multiple things that I didn't do. So, I still look at her instagram daily, because of course I still have feelings for her. But today, she posts a pic with Kevin Hart in the background saying, "i don't have x's, i have y's. Like y did I ever date you?" Then in the comments, she said she needed a good laugh today. She is 30, I'm 33. Obviously it was directed towards me, just wondering why she would be hateful...

She has an insecurity issue which led to false accusations, jealousy and vindictive behavior. She is oblivious to it, and accuses others for how she feels. That is why it's been off and on for 2 years....she unstable. It's possible she suffers from bi-polar disorder or BPD. So be glad it's over and she is out of your life. I hope you can look past your feelings and see how unhealthy your relationship was, and it wasn't because of you. Learn to see the red flags, and avoid wasting your time on someone like her. You need to see that it's not right to put up with being treated like this, and removing yourself from this relationship was necessary.

The red flag should've been when a googled BPD a few months ago. I figured out that she doesn't have that. But, you're right about everything else. I just find it odd, or immature, that a 30 year old woman would make her profile public, just so I could see a nasty post when we haven't talked to each other in almost a week. Even after she told me multiple times that she had moved on, out of the blue by the way, a few weeks ago - and i wasn't even trying to get her back when she told me. Seems like a lot of wasted energy.

I see this as the problem being with you and why you keep going back to someone who you obviously DO NOT get along with and who doesn't get along with you. Ask yourself why you want to subject your emotional self to that kind of dysfunction? Whats missing in you that you need to go back to it?

When you're on and off with someone it means you should make it OFF and keep it OFF... That's what most people who are not addicted to the sex or not codependent would be doing.

Stop creeping her social media attention seeking self and go complete zero contact (that means no stalking of any kind). Its the only way you're going to completely rehab from your addiction to having her in your life in this dysfunctional merry go round kind a way. You waste your time on fluff when you could be dating a solid chick you actually get along well with. Again I ask.. Why. Don't say because you love her. What you have with her is nothing like what love is suppose to look like and love isn't enough to keep a relationship together or the people in it happy.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I think deep down inside she's still really furious at you for something. I'd just ignore her if I were you. Don't let such postings ruin your day.

I haven't, and I've stopped checking her stuff. The thing is, i never did anything, especially anything to merit her being furious. This has been the best Christmas I've had in a couple years because I'm not having to deal with her negativity.

- - - Updated - - -

Just received a text from her after a week of no contact. "Merry Christmas!! I hope it's Everything and more!" I didn't respond.

Dude, now it's time to block those messages and delete everything. She's passive/aggressive: [url]http://coachingpositiveperformance.com/8-examples-passive-aggressive-behaviour/[/url]

That was a good read, thanks smackie