+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does she have to hide it from me? I know what's going on.

Why does she have to hide it from me? I know what's going on.

My girlfriend left her husband a few months back and she constantly texts him and keeps in touch because she wants to be friends with him (they have no kids together). Last Saturday after she got out of work she decided to spend time with him without telling me a damn thing, when she came home that night I was extremely angry and kept quiet because I didn't want to say something I would regret later.
    Monday night she decided to go out shopping with her "friend" which I now know was her ex-husband! I found out because I read her text messages and I'm furious she lied to me and left me home alone for 3 hours to shop with him.. She didn't even offer for me to go with her, she picked him.

Now I'm confused on what to do, should I confront her for lying to me twice in 3 days or should I just let it be and pretend not to know? I'm so angry I don't know what to do.. Last-night I couldn't sleep because I was so furious.

Quote Originally Posted by Emir68 View Post
    My girlfriend left her husband a few months back and she constantly texts him and keeps in touch because she wants to be friends with him (they have no kids together). Last Saturday after she got out of work she decided to spend time with him without telling me a damn thing, when she came home that night I was extremely angry and kept quiet because I didn't want to say something I would regret later.
    Monday night she decided to go out shopping with her "friend" which I now know was her ex-husband! I found out because I read her text messages and I'm furious she lied to me and left me home alone for 3 hours to shop with him.. She didn't even offer for me to go with her, she picked him.

Now I'm confused on what to do, should I confront her for lying to me twice in 3 days or should I just let it be and pretend not to know? I'm so angry I don't know what to do.. Last-night I couldn't sleep because I was so furious.
    Well, you seem like the type that won't leave someone who cheats on them or cheats with them so don't say anything and live in your codependent dysfunction. O.o
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It's not healthy for her to not tell you that she's going out with him. Try asking her about it to see why she's doing this. I know you're furious and thinking about the worst, but it could be that she just enjoys his company and was scared that you'd be upset if you knew. Don't confront her in an aggressive way, just talk to her calmly about this. Good luck!

Dude seriously, don't you get it? You are just a rebound. Never date married people. Married people, despite how bad they "say" their marriage is, they still love their spouse. Once they detach, they desire them more, because they realize what they have lost....normal human behavior. You are just a pawn in her game to get what she wants out of her husband, and that is him to pay attention to her, to rebuilt, and get back what was lost.

My advice is a no brainer. Let her go, you lost.