+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Christmas Message from ex.

Christmas Message from ex.

A recent ex of mine, whom I only dated for several weeks (but have known for 6 months) ended our relationship because she did not see it working long term. But before dating we were close friends, and I know how she is often back and forth on decisions she makes. Before our winter break from college I told her I didn't want to talk to her over break so I could get over her, we wished each other Merry Christmas and Happy New Years and went our separate ways. 2 weeks have passed when yesterday I got this text "Hey, I'm going to be out of the country this week so I wont have my phone, but I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope you have a great holiday" to me it seemed unnecessary for her to text me about it, even more so because she posted something similar on Facebook for all of her friends. Is this just breadcrumbs, or is she possibly missing me? We hadn't talked in 2 weeks which is the longest we've been apart since I've known her.

That was very likely a message adressed to all of her contacts on her phone. Ignore it.

It doesn't seem like anything much...but there IS a slight possibility she could be missing you just a little bit. Christmas is a romantic season but I don't know if you should pursue it any further...it was probably just a spur of the moment thing

Well, she had a Facebook post which was directed towards all of her friends for Christmas, this message was directed to me, I can tell based on the lack of emotion and excitement. She was probably a bit hesitant about whether she should break No contact so she was careful not to show much emotion. Shes usually very upbeat, I'm thinking it was simply out of courtesy that she sent the text.

Yeah it sounds like a neutral courtesy text I would send to any of my friends. I would try not to read too much into it. And if you've told her specifically not to talk to you, I would stick to my guns and not reply.