+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flirting or Friendly?

Flirting or Friendly?

I've met a girl recently and I would like to know your opinions of what she's doing...

Steps:
    -Day 1 - Met her in a coffee, got her number for networking reasons (same interests), she's taller than me and didn't let a good first impression (seemed a bit cold)

Then by pure coincidence we went hiking and supposedly there would be more people but it ended going me and her only (I invited more people as I know she invited as well)

-Day 2 - We went hiking and our day was just perfect! She turned to be a very nice company and a very normal person, we just got along really well. I got her staring to me in a strange way when she was resting and I was in a rock. She started to tell things such "I don't want to go there alone, just if you come with me to protect me". In the end of the day we accidentally got too close when watching the photos of the day. (she didn't move away, neither me). After she left me on that day I just started to think I developed a crush on her.

-Day 3 - She let the idea that needed some help to go shopping as she was moving to another house so I took the opportunity to offering her help in the next day. I texted her and she seemed delighted. When I reached her she seemed too focused this time, choosing the items and so on, didn't seem to pay a lot attention to some advises but she looked TOO HOT, she dressed in a sort of lara croft style and the flattest shoes (just in case I wouldn't think she's too tall).
    However I took her new house to discover that her new mates were all guys (apparently they noticed as well she was hot as hell in that day and looked to me as an enemy as if I could be her bf). Then in the house, while I was passing her hiking photos to my disk, she sort of ignored me completely, I stayed in her room alone and she kept talking with the other guys (small talk).

From then on, she took initiative to thank me a lot for the help, asking me if i liked the photos, if i thought her room was in a mess and that after all it was another "good day". I took as if she was saying sorry for the awkward moment in her house. Then to clear up if she was nice or flirting with me I just drop the bomb joke texting like "don't worry, it wasn't that hard anyway as you looked too hot!"
    She replies short and simple saying "haha good!"

Girls, what the hell she's thinking? Do you think this sounds flirty or she just has fun having a shorter guy falling for her or she's simply a nice girl who's very friendly?

Well it's so hard to say. I wouldn't get too "friendly" with her if you know what I mean (friend zoned). I think you just need to man up and ask her out on a date.

Hard to tell what she thinks about you, obviously likes hanging with you at least.

Thanks girls! For helping me out in these pains lol

Well I can't ask her out now, it's not the appropriate time. To get things worse she went on a trip and it's 1 more week to go until she arrives. So I just pretend to act cool in the texts and do not seem desperate (which I am). I know that when we are travelling the received txts act more like "noise" than "music", so I try to send the minimum text possible and short, which also can lead her thinking i'm not so interested, but it has to be like that now...

It's really a hard one this case because normally I know what "you" want or what are you inclined to. In this case I'm afraid that she isn't sure what she's thinking neither...
    She wants to meet me later and that's positive, at least she wants to tell me her recent funny stories that doesn't fit to txt. It seems she has the door open to check what the "monkey" can do but like "hey you're cute but still a bit short to me, I still need to be convinced...".

There's also a cultural shock here, she's scandinavian and i'm southern european. So there's some hints I end only realizing later by different ways of expression. For example I say "the mountain was amazing" and she says "yes, the day was amazing". She sometimes makes compliments including the subtle "us" on it.
    And yes we both represent the stereotypes, while I'm impulsive and pulling creativity randomly (which may lead her to think i'm only joking) she's much more restrained and seems to think in every little detail (which lead me thinking that I'm ignoring some of her little moves).

They say opposites attract so being different isn't always a bad thing. Has she told you she thinks you are.. " a bit short to me " or you think this in your head?

No she didn't tell anything about me, except for the fact that I'm a very nice company and my relaxation makes her not being stressed.
    The thing of being shorter is just me so far that find it disturbing. I'm not so short, i'm on the average, it's more her that's quite tall for a woman. It's not a big difference but makes me feel ridiculous walking side by side with her, it seems she's the one who will protect me against any potential risks. And makes me feel undesired in this case but nobody is perfect...

I speak too much at times and I mentioned the height face to face probably bc it disturbs my subconscious... I told something like "oh I've been in that country, yeah it's beautiful but i felt really weird, everyone was really tall I never been to a place where so many women were taller than me..." and she made silence... and I was thinking "oops shit" but that was before I realized she was a perfect potential partner...

hi miguel, what's your height?

Insecurity is soooooooo unattractive........

My height is about 5'10 in american lettuces and she might be 6'0. It's a bit irrelevant my height it's just these 2 points of difference. Not that is so surprising to find some taller...It happens that I never felt romantically attached to a taller women before and realizing now that I have problems with that.

Smackie I thought that women were sensitive beings who chose their partner accordingly to his level of cuteness!

Quote Originally Posted by miguel123 View Post
    My height is about 5'10 in american lettuces and she might be 6'0. It's a bit irrelevant my height it's just these 2 points of difference. Not that is so surprising to find some taller...It happens that I never felt romantically attached to a taller women before and realizing now that I have problems with that.

Smackie I thought that women were sensitive beings who chose their partner accordingly to his level of cuteness!
    No even a unattractive guy can be attractive if he has major confidence/charming. Women are social creatures, and like a guy that can move his way through a party, able to chat up everyone, even strangers.

I have met very attractive guys that became the ugliest guy I have met when they opened their mouth.

So ya cuteness gets your foot in the door quicker, but that door can easily be closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Women choose on an emotional level, men choose on a physical level.

Well I know, I was just teasing you insecurity is a sign of weakness but regardless, the women being more emotional could go in any direction, but no, it always prevail the cave man legacy of securing the male who has more credentials to be successful and survive. As I agree that men chose based on physical aspects. However for both these things don't matter so much after some time.

I have good news after all. I think she's interested so she was really flirting in her own style. For example, she sent me the new year txt exactly on midnight (just 2 min late) being travelling and without me saying anything. After me saying she was hot, I guess if she wasn't slightly interested she wouldn't bother at all... She's thinking on me... that's great!

Tho I agree credentials are important to women, BUT it doesn't stop them from going after guys who have no job, no ambition, have a criminal past, or have not much to show for themselves but wet pennies and a smile. If these men can press those emotional buttons the right way, they have women tossing any common sense out the window.

Like I always say "confidence" wins the girl.

Thanks for the "motivation". I'll be more attentive on that

Now there's a terrible sign. I know that she came already, but she still didn't txt... I don't feel i should txt first this time, it should be her telling she's here. So the communications are stuck for now... If I txt her it would sound too needy, that I'm counting the time since she came...

I think its better to talk her clear about your feelings if you have any feelings for her or dnt let this girl time pass with you.

Well this is what I go by.....if you have no clue where things are going and have to ask a bunch of strangers on a forum....that should tell you right there there truly isn't any interest in you. In other words if you have to ask it's clearly a no.

If you really want to find out either way, ask her out on a date.

But since you lack confidence anyways, it's very doubtful she will. You already have proved that to her.
    Last edited by smackie9; 19-01-15 at 08:45 AM.