+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lost feelings or family issues?

Lost feelings or family issues?

After four months of dating (and almost a year of friendship), my bf dumped me saying he's not ready for a relationship. I didn't understand because he seemed REALLY into me, at least up until the last week when he seemed slightly distant but still seemed interested in my life, texting me all throughout the day, doing me favors, etc. Did he completely lose feelings in just a week? The other factor to consider is that we're both teens and his family is SUPER strict and tight-knit and seemed to be trying to keep us apart. Do you have any additional insight on this? Thank you.

Yes it's possible his parents made his life impossible, so he was too embarrassed to tell you. It could also be that his feelings for you frizzled out, which is normal or he met, or is chatting with someone else on line or he cheated on you. The reasons are endless.... I don't know anymore than you do so it's all a guess

It's a crappy situation when they are too much of a coward to tell you the truth. I know you are looking for closure, you may or may not get it. Wait awhile, say a few weeks of no contact, and see if he comes around or you may hear something. Sorry I can't really help you.