+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is casual sex good or bad for you?

Is casual sex good or bad for you?

Hi Everyone!!!

I'm a final year psychology student and I'm really interested in the effects of casual sex on well-being. As part of my final year I'm conducting a study as part of my dissertation and I'm desperately looking for participants who have had some form of casual sex in the past 3 months. That can be either one night stands or something that has lasted longer like buddies. Everything is anonymous!!

I'm also interested just to hear peoples general views on this topic. Do you think casual sex is good for you or bad?

If anyone has the time to complete my questionnaire I'd be really really grateful and anyone who enters has the chance to win a £20 amazon gift card. There's also information on the current study and other research on my website for anyone whose interested.

The website can be found at casualsexresearch.wordpress.com

Thanks!!!

It's good for you. If you're not getting it, as a man you're losing.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

It's different for everyone, I don't go in for casual sex, fckbuddies. I don't have a fear of commitment so I can be faithful & loyal & don't need the throw away attachments of casual sex in my life.

Also I am not sex crazy, so if not in a relationship I can do without fcking someone. I prefer being in love, over causal sex.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Ah the girl's perspective...So you don't know. Naturally. The pressure isn't on you to perform; the pressure is on you to NOT act on your impulses.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Isn't about it being a girl pov it's just my own personal opinion ~ I know guys who feel this way too. Not everyone just wants to bang one out casually, we look & need more.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Yeah but if you only have sex with one person forever, that's pretty lame.

If you are having lots of casual sex because of a sex addiction then yes it is bad for you, or if you are married and doing casual sex hookups still, something is wrong to answer the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Yeah but if you only have sex with one person forever, that's pretty lame.
    After 6years with the same person-there is nothing "lame" about having regular multiple orgasms with someone you love.. friends of mine can't even reach one orgasm with some random guy so what is the point? I believe only insecure people will get off with anyone like they have a point to prove. Thats pretty lame
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I think casual sex would be bad for me. I would get attached fast and not receiving same attraction in return. Think I would feel used and emotionaly drained. Pretty same what most girls have with it except Im a guy.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    After 6years with the same person-there is nothing "lame" about having regular multiple orgasms with someone you love.. friends of mine can't even reach one orgasm with some random guy so what is the point? I believe only insecure people will get off with anyone like they have a point to prove. Thats pretty lame
    Don't mind me; I was drunk lol

^ LOL [MENTION=68335]YoungCosmo[/MENTION].

Obviously people who enjoy ****ing lots of different people different nights of the week won't think it's bad, they are getting off so good to them.

But I never liked the idea of it, too sleazy for me. I like monogamy better.
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.

Think Anya nailed it. There are monogamous people and casual sex are not for them.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Actually, if there's one thing I am sure of it is that monogamous people and casual sex are not dichotomous.

Its your will to choose on how you act. As long as you safe.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    I think casual sex would be bad for me. I would get attached fast and not receiving same attraction in return. Think I would feel used and emotionaly drained. Pretty same what most girls have with it except Im a guy.
    Same goes for me most of the time, i don't usually **** people i don't find attractive and interesting in the first place, and when i go and do stuff with a girl/woman i find interesting and attractive and all that, i do get attached. Surely i have had sex partners just for the sake of sex, nothing else, and of course it was nice to **** instead of fap, but i prefer not to **** just for the sake of ****ing. I had this wild part in past, i ****ed once a week new person, it did not do good for me in the long term, i started to feel filthy for some reason. I am more relationship typed guy. M-27

TL;DR
    Not good in the long term, atleast not for me. Been there, done that. not good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast