+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help me understand this guy's behavior?

Help me understand this guy's behavior?

I don't understand if this guy really wants to be friends or if he likes me. He told me before about a girl that he was interested in and was texting. But he's had bad experiences with past relationships, so he's really picky/hesitant about relationships. I told him that I liked him in the past but he was too concerned about whether I would fit into his family. In spite of all that, we've gotten really close and hang out 24/7 to the point where other people think we are dating. He always invites me over to his place and he's completely comfortable changing clothes or "getting ready" in front of me. We have deep long conversations and during our talks, he constantly tells me that he's never told anyone this before or he's never shown anyone this before, which makes me feel really special. He always compliments me and before falling asleep, he stared at me and told me that he loved me. Later, I had to leave town for an extended period and he ended his plans just to spend a few hours with me to say goodbye. He recently also told me that I was the only one he was hanging out with compared to his other friends and roommates.

He likes you but lacks confidence in himself....in other words he's a coward.
    First off, don't have sex with him, stop sleeping in his bed, stop watching him get dressed, etc. I want to make this perfectly clear, you are not dating, so stop acting like you are. All you are doing is causing "fuzzy borders" which only creates unwanted confusion.

It's time to cut this crap out, and back off. When he asks you why, you tell him, that you are starting to like him so you can't be friends anymore. Then let him finally admit he wants more than friendship. Make sure you both make it official that you are together as BF/GF.

Best of luck.