+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hello

Hello

I'm pretty sure it's obvious why I'm here, I'm in a romantic situation that lies in unfamiliar waters and don't know who to talk to IRL just yet, so I'm crowdsurfing for general advice and your forum has front page google results, to put it bluntly. So I'll cut to the chase and shed some light on my relationship history for any background info:

26yo straight male who's last (real) major relationship ended freshman year of college. Depression kept me out of the game for a while, but I bounced back and met a girl and we casually dated for a few months until it started feeling serious. Then I find out there's another guy, only he's the one she's cheating on, and I'm the other guy, but I didn't know either so both of us were betrayed, and for a few years I was living the single life and not giving a shit. In retrospect, I regret this, because there were a few missed opportunities that could have turned out great, and those I eventually went for just weren't right for me. Over the past year, I've come to the realization that I want to try again, for a real relationship, and have learned to see who would be fun for a month and who I could picture myself old and fat with.

However, my lack of experience at my age among my generation equals a hefty burden for someone like me, and I could use some help.

That's pretty much it, so I hope to get some useful advice from the community, and while I wait for any advice or comments you guys may have I'll see what I can help others with.

Thanks!

Hi Abitapprehensiv and welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion! Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"