+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Think I might have overdone it a little

Think I might have overdone it a little

So I met a girl online and we were chatting back and forth. She ended up giving me her number without me asking. I texted her the day she gave me the number and the next day throughout while I was at work. I didn't always text back right away. Sometimes I didn't even get back to her until 45 min later or so. The conversation seemed to be going good and she was picking up what I was putting down, she said she had to work that night and I said I'm sure she would probably be tired after work that day, but lets meet up over drinks one night when she was free. She didn't respond back for 5 hours. I expected that though bc she was at work and I knew she was gonna keep me guessing for a little while. I didn't text her though until she got back to me. She never answered my question though. She just came back and said "I'm still here lol" meaning work. I waited a minute and we started talking normal convo again. I asked her how work was and she wrote back "It was ok. I'm going to bed, Night!" I tried to pick up conversation the next day (yesterday) around noon. No reply. I left it alone, making sure I wasn't acting clingy or annoying, but I don't know if it's us texting too much that caused her to lose interest or if it's the fact that she got out of a relationship this past month and is worried about rushing into something. Either way, I wanna make sure I'm playing my cards right from this point. Any suggestions? I definitely want to be persistent but I wanna make sure I don't cross that line between persistent and annoying/clingy.

I suggest you let her contact you next and if she never does then thank your lucky stars that you didn't get involved with someone who is still pining away for an ex.

Google "Rebound Relationship" and read why you don't want to be in one.

If she's ready to be in something new and is actually interested in you, she'll wonder where you got to and she'll text you to see how you're doing.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion