+ Follow This Topic

Thread: effects of spending too much time with sum1.

effects of spending too much time with sum1.

am a newbie. I read somewhere that if you spend too much time with your special someone, in the near future the feeling would fade away or your relationship would get boring. Is this true? What are your opinions? Personally, for me, i guess this might be a bit true. Am already with someone for 7 months and we spend a lot of time together almost in every free time and sometimes i get bored. It even got to the point that i feel annoyed just by looking at him or talking. What should i do to put the spark back?

Yes that is probably true to an extent, spending alot of time together sort of dulls the passion a bit, you do not need to miss eachother, the gift of wanting to be with someone, but not actually being there physically is powerful because it creates a want that you cannot fulfill.

If you want to bring the spark back into the relationship you could try having a break for a fortnight or so, and you may appreciate eachother more. Or alternately you could try seeing eachother less, or doing new things.

Hi Zena

I think it depends on how long you are into the relationship. Generally speaking it is best to avoid spending too much time together in the beginning (Maybe first few months) and then gradually dedicate more and more time to your significant other. In my past relationships i felt very comfortable to live side by side with my partner after a year or so (But i think that may differ from person to person).

I think the fact that you get annoyed by looking at him or talking to him is worrying. I think first step is to find out why do you feel that way? Is it the way he acts? Is it the way he talks? Do you find him boring or unattractive? Do you feel the need to change him for your relationship to go on? It is very important that you answer this question to yourself before you can continue. How old are you and how old is he?

However I think it is the dull nature of everyday life that dulls things between two people (And sometimes leads to partners taking each other for granted). My advice to you (If all you are worried about is boredom) would be to start doing some new things with your partner. Go on a holiday, travel together, go to places you always wanted to visit, try something completely different and new outside of your comfort zone (try bungee jumping for example)... The new experiences will spice things up between the two of you and you will start seeing each other in a completely new way...

Also i think its important to treat your partner from time to time as a new hot date... Even though you're in the relationship, try dating your partner from time to time and get him to date you, it can be a lot of fun...

Hope above helps!!!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

thanks. try to keep them in mind. kudos!

Tone Guest
    Uh... yeah... well I don't think it's nearly THAT complicated.

Just stop spending all your time together, get lives outside of each other. Find hobbies that don't involve each other, spend time with other friends... it's that easy.

thats good (what tone said)

if all you do is sit around watching tv together all the time , then eventually you will get tired of being together.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you need time to miss them, if you never will. imagine this, it's like getting up in the morning, eating the same damn thing for breakfast, going to the same boring job day in and day out, then watching the same programs nightly on tv. yes, routine does have its negative side.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by zena
    am a newbie. I read somewhere that if you spend too much time with your special someone, in the near future the feeling would fade away or your relationship would get boring. Is this true? What are your opinions? Personally, for me, i guess this might be a bit true. Am already with someone for 7 months and we spend a lot of time together almost in every free time and sometimes i get bored. It even got to the point that i feel annoyed just by looking at him or talking. What should i do to put the spark back?
    It might just not be the right person for you. Think about it, if you spend time, even if it's alot of time with the person you are truly in love with, why would you get bored?

I get bored sometimes to, when i'm with my boyfriend, but I know it's because we're both busy. During the day I miss him, no matter what i'm doing. I can't wait until I get the chance to spend some quality time with him. If you don't feel like this with the person you're with, then maybe she's simply the wrong person.

This is one of the reasons a relationship in the office can be a problem.