+ Follow This Topic

Thread: pills

pills

some say that some pills can actually be good for the skin and clear out pimples. is this true? what pills are these? thanks!

you posted your thread in the sex topic. but sex can be good for your complexion.

Quote Originally Posted by zena
    some say that some pills can actually be good for the skin and clear out pimples. is this true? what pills are these? thanks!
    It isn't really wise to take the pill just to clear up acne. Sometimes the change in hormone levels will actually cause you to have more pimples. If you have a problem with acne, try over the counter things like face washes. Wash your face with these once or twice a day and see if that helps. If you are a clean person and you shower daily, my suggestion is get the bottle with a pump on it and leave it in your shower. Use it every time you shower. This is what I do and it keeps my face from breaking out. I am also growing out of it but it worked even when I had more pimples. As for the pill though, if you are still considering it, you should talk to your doctor first. Things like smoking or being exposed to smoke can up your chances for many complications and conditions that I am sure you'd rather not encounter. Your best bet is to talk to your doctor though.

Be careful with some face wash. It contains some ingredients that might aggravate your acne condition. It's not only skin hygiene you must consider, but also the amount of stress and the food you take too.
    Last edited by Kiechi; 01-09-05 at 01:48 AM.

Tone Guest
    I'm going to My Love Forum.

Stars... I think you better change your signature. You are going to end up getting a warning for advertising another love site. You can't do that. ATTENTION MODS. We need a fix here. lol

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    there basically is a pill for anything that you need in life.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Nuh uh, the cure for AIDs isn't a pill. It's a chlorine injection. Sure it kills the person but it destroys every hint of AIDs too. >.<
    Heit ist mein taug.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are looking for a pill to help with your acne....talk to your doctor. They have a number of different pills they can prescribe to help with your hormonal levels to regulate them so you don't have many breakouts(especially right before your period.) They usually take a few weeks to kick in, but in time you should notice a difference....so be patient!

Sometimes going on the birth control pill helps too. Its also a good thing to be on to regulate your periods, reduce cramping, and make your period more predicatable and last alot less then normal.
    I went on the pill a few years ago....and it really helped control my acne(especially right before my period) and really made things alot easier each month. Then I made the mistake of going off of it a few months and WOAH what a difference. I had awful cramps, My period lasted up to 7 days....(with the pill it lasts like 3-4 days), and I had horrible breakouts.

So talk to your doctor and he/she can prescribe something that could work for you. If you decide NOT to go with birthcontrol.....then try going for a pill mainly targeting acne. They do work as well.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Tone Guest
    Use Proactiv, haven't you seen their commercials!?