+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 16 yr old chasing after older men?

16 yr old chasing after older men?

Is it wrong that a 16 year old tries talking to an older guy, who is 23? I understand that age is just a number, but you're also dealing with other troubles too.

I know of someone who says shes into older guys. That shes dated older guys and has slept with them. Does that sound like a setup or just an immature girl who has lots of growing up to do?

Is this type of situation wrong?

Older guys have a car, job, money, sexual experience, their own place and are able to purchase alcohol.....that is candy to a young girl and it's an instant ego boost, and flattering.

It depends on one's perspective. I dated older guys and IMO back then it was a step up. Immature? yes through the eyes of an adult of course. Youth have never really been known to make good choices/decisions. It is what it is.

Depending on how much older they are then her, in some places at 16 they can be charged with statutory rape. At 16 I'm wondering what's going on inside of her head that she's indiscriminately bedding older guys who more likely then not are just taking advantage of her willingness to help them get a leg over.

What do you mean: "does that sound like a set-up" Are you the older guy and you're wondering about the validity of what she's saying to you about bedding older guys?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

What Smackie said
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaboy View Post
    Is it wrong that a 16 year old tries talking to an older guy, who is 23? I understand that age is just a number, but you're also dealing with other troubles too.

I know of someone who says shes into older guys. That shes dated older guys and has slept with them. Does that sound like a setup or just an immature girl who has lots of growing up to do?

Is this type of situation wrong?
    Do yourself a favor and don't get involved. Those other guys are risk takers that got lucky. You on the other hand may not be so lucky when she gets prego or her dad chases you down the street with a pitch fork, or you end up in to pokie..... so why ruin your life over wanting younger quiff. Being tagged as a sex offender will f uck you over for the rest of your life.

^^^ Definately what smackie said.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion