+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Partners drunk behaviour

Partners drunk behaviour

Just a little background first, we have been friends for 25 years, got together 5 years ago after my divorce, been living together for 2 years. He is a loving, caring, thoughtful partner generally but when he has been drinking he makes sexual innuendo to women, sometimes in front of me, sometimes he is unaware I am in earshot.

I have told him several times how unrespected and humilated I feel, and that I think it is unacceptable behaviour, he says it means nothing and its just his
    humour !!

Should I listen to my gut here? why would he do this when we have a great relationship in every way?

My ex husband cheated on me so I know I probably have trust issues and I am highly alerted to any inkling of bad behaviour , but surely this is not good on his part? and how would you deal with it ?

What kind of things does he talk about with these girls? It might give a better picture on the seriousness of what he's saying to these girls.

To one I overheard him say" want you in my bed" , another was "can we make love" another was "you have always been my favorite girl, lets go to bed " ..................urrgghhh

- - - Updated - - -

oh another time this to random woman he said " I would " ...

You've told him several times and he's not changing. That means YOU must be the one to change and you change by either:
    1) getting the strength you need to leave him if he doesn't stop because what he is doing is such a bane to your existence or
    2) You learn to let his bullshit remarks roll off your back and trust that they are just words without the action to back them up.

I suspect that he talked to you very similarly when you were "just friends." Yes? No? If yes, then you knew who he was when you chose to fall in love with him as more then you pal. Don't expect him to be someone different.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

^^Booyah.

Yeah, dear lady, um, why are you with this guy?

Sorry but I must say, why would you remain with him? CAn't have that; not cool one single bit; I don't care if he's drunk. This is no acceptable excuse to embarrass you like this.
    Hey, if you continue staying with this guy for what ever reasons you have, his behavior will continue bringing you down.
    Lady, the longer you spend with mr.wrong, the less you'll have with a possible mr.right. and believe me, mr.rights don't hit on any women other than their own. Maybe a friendly flirt now and then but no where near what your 'moron man' does.

Dear lady, where be your own self respect? I'm sorry to say this but for goodness sake, time to move on from this one. You deserve much better than what this guys selling.
    My advice? Ditch the prick
    Last edited by woody; 04-01-15 at 10:09 AM.

That isn't innocent talk, guessing he says this to chicks he is attracted to.

R O F L at woody's comment " Ditch The Prick " that might be the right advice for you if he can't control his mouth and respect his GF (you)
    Last edited by Jffs24; 06-01-15 at 10:40 AM.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.