+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I Try Again?

Should I Try Again?

I've been in love with this girl for almost eight years now, started at age 11 and am now 19. She's my first love. Not entirely sure what she truly thinks of me, she's given some mixed signals over time, and has been with the same dude for years. I did ask her out a couple years ago not knowing about the boyfriend. I think from that she knows that I like her. Since then I've kept my distance while she'll still talk to me on occasion. She's been coming around a bit more lately too.

I went from holding her on a giant pedestal to seeing her in an honest light. She has an attention seeking side, and several male friends that constantly orbit her. I know the rest of her family and think there'd be pressure going out with her.

We aren't too close, and part of me thinks she wouldn't truly understand the person I am in a relationship. Not wanting a relationship right now, but would make an exception if I met the right girl. The vast majority of other girls I know behave in a very wild way, act ugly towards a lot people, and seem to live double lives. Whenever I think about that I think how the girl I love doesn't behave in that way but honestly I don't know how true that is. I know her sister used to have a secret wild side, and wonder if she will/does.

Everyone has baggage and this girl's baggage I'd be willing to deal with because by the looks of things I'll have to deal with that or worse. Is this a good reason to keep loving her? I get a feeling of happiness whenever thinking about being with her.

Should I pursue her again? and if so how?

Hey man I was into this girl for years and after the second time I asked her out (1 one year later) she said yes, but then like after a week she dumped me and then two weeks later she asked me out and we went back out but she had a lot of guys that came after but when they saw me some of them were respectful (many cuss I'm 6ft 4 and built like a brick shit house (her words not mine)) any way it was well worth it it came to a bad end and I hate her guts but I didn't get to know her that we'll so if you think that you have seen through her all the way and liked it (no sexual pun intended) than go for it "IF A PRIZE IS EASY TO GET IT NOT AS NEARLY GOOD AS THE WE HAVE TO WORK HARD FOR" (and those are my words not here's ha you think she could come up with something as inspirational as that ha).

Why waste anymore of your time or attention? Seriously ~ 11 years?

She has an attention seeking side, and several male friends that constantly orbit her.
    Yes and it appears that YOU'RE one of them. O.o
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion