+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with 4 year older college

In love with 4 year older college

Hey everybody, new here so first of all sorry if im breaking any rules.

I'm a male, aged 20, that finished high school last summer and now im just taking a year off working full time in a sports shop untill may. Since i started working here, a girl co-worker aged 24, full time worker as well, really have caught my eye. I simply cant keep my eyes off her so yes i would say im deeply in love. We're talking very much, sadly just as good friends, and we're really getting along very well. We make each other laugh all the time and enjoy each others presence. She dont know that im in love with her as i see a lot of problems in telling her it. Generally im facing three major opstacles:

- First of all she's 4 years older than me. Might not be much if you're 40 but at my age its still quite a lot. We're at completely different stages in our lifes. I still live at home, she has her own appartment. I am starting my 5 year university degree next year and she's finished hear education and is now just working.
    - She's a co-worker of me, so telling her might cause a really akward situation at work for the rest of the time and completely ruin our friendship. Plus i guess like many she has the "not dating college rule".
    - I think im very friend-zoned. Ofcourse i dont know if she fells the same way for me but she really only texts my very rarely, and im texting her quite a lot.

So what would you say i should do here? Just forget about it? Do the Hail Marry and just gamble it all hoping she fells the same way for me... ofcourse there are other options than these two but what do you guys think i should do?

- I've often thought of when we say bye to each other after work at our bicycles when it is just the two of us, just kissing her to take the chance... bad idea?

Thank you in advance

Andreas

Yes.. bad idea. You don't go in for a kiss on someone that is not showing you that she wants you to kiss her or you've at least been out on a proper one-on-one date with her.

You're going to university in May. My advice is for you to just be her friend and keep yourself open to meeting LOTS of hot chicks and exercising your options. In the meantime you can fantasize about your co-worker when you're in the shower.. nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion