+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to REALLY get that special person

How to REALLY get that special person

As a man who has lived through an 18-year dating drought, I consider myself qualified to post on the subject.

Professional dating services don't want to cater to any special requests you may have, and their standard starting price tag of 3,000 bucks ensures that they keep out working-class folks like myself.

Web dating services sound like a great idea, but unfortunately so many people have abused the system that it's useless. So forget online dating, it's a crock.

I don't go to bars or nightclubs, and the kind of woman I'd like to meet doesn't go to them either.

I'm not religious, so neither do I go to church to see if they have any singles groups.

No, it looks like the best advice I can offer, is to find a good, OFFLINE group for singles who have interests similar to yours, a group which hosts REAL EVENTS. Such as the Athletic Singles Association, if you're athletic... I am not, but I *AM* creative, so me & some other people are starting a group in Los Angeles for singles who like crafts. This is what the dating industry is most afraid of, serious grass-roots action.

Wish me luck, folks... I'm stepping into that ring expecting to knock someone else out. >:-) Who knows, maybe I'll get me a gf too in the process...

Quote Originally Posted by KE6WNH

Professional dating services don't want to cater to any special requests you may have...
    OK, I've gotta ask... what kind of "special requests" will they not cater to?

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    OK, I've gotta ask... what kind of "special requests" will they not cater to?
    Pretty simple, straightforward question, and not an unreasonable one at that. One dating service said they had a hell of a time dealing with this guy who only wanted to meet blondes (no telling how much money he wasted on this venture).

My thing is... I am cursed with a desire to meet a kind-hearted woman who, like me, is left handed, and then marry her. :-( Doesn't matter to me what color her hair is...

Ok I must ask... why left handed?

Do you want left handed children?

To which, I must answer: why not? :-) I just find women more attractive if they share this trait with me, that's all.

And no, becoming a daddy is not part of my agenda. At 38, I'm actually glad that the issue of kids is becoming less of an option.

There now... anyone else in the room who doesn't understand something, please raise your hand... ;-)

Dang, I acturally thinght that might be it when thinking back to sex ed r whatever... wasn't left handed a non dominant trait and to get another left hander it was a lot rarer if either of the parents was not left handed... OMG why am I still going on like this lol.

Ok so I get your point of stuff in common lol

lilwing89 Guest
    #1 please dont date off of here..and please dont date online.

its not how love is sposed to happen

nother thing, its not like there is 1 person who is meant to be with you..not at all! not all relationships are perfect either, they all have problems..im sure you have some friends who are friends with girls! meet them ones! those are the ones who are special..i wish i could just marry my gf out of highschool and not have to worry about all that shit..

good luck anyways..

btw i find that the online relationships RARELY work out..

See, you're proving my point.

People can pretend to be anyone they want to be online, but in person is a whole different story.

I dated online, i dated offline, i dated in nightclubs, i dated at work, i dated at colledge. Potato/potato. They all work because in the end you are always dealing with REAL people. The strategy of dealing with people is a matter of preference...

KE6WNH. I know a very kind hearted, left handed girl who is considerate, very nice and genuine. Interested? (She is 280 pounds, but it's so nice to see that you dont mind that)

Take Care
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I have never ever heard of being right or left handed as something to look for in dating.

Tone Guest
    LoL I like this guy, he's funny ^_^

Good luck with your singles group, KE6WNH