+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 18 year old female at a prestigious university; does he like me?

18 year old female at a prestigious university; does he like me?

I am posting this in the teenagers foum although I am extremely mature for 18. I am at an extremely academic university and met a boy in my History class several months ago with whom I became friends. Within weeks I fell for him, but am unsure if he feels the same way about me. There are certain things which make me think that me may, but I am not sure if I am over analysing.

1) Several of my friends have commented that he often looks at me in class. On the occasions where I have looked up while he is doing so, he quickly looks away.

2) When my friends and I were discussing marriage, he took my hand and jokingly asked me to marry him.

3) He told me that I have a beautiful name.

4) When I was out with another boy for dinner, we bumped into him and he thought that the boy was my boyfriend. He didn't seem as talkative as usual, and was rather distant.

5) The next day when a friend asked me about the dinner, "how was the date", etc, he was walking with us and observed and listened to the conversation without any input, unlike my friends who were joking that the boy with whom I went to dinner was now my boyfriend.

6) When I missed my class one week and bumped into him in the library, he seemed genuinely pleased to see me and accepted my hug gladly.

7) He remembered details of a conversation I had with him about a family gathering and asked me about it after it happened, despite the conversation having taken place several weeks previously.

8) I offered to meet up and revise; we did so and got sidetracked, spending a long time talking about music, books, family; we have lots of common interests.

9) He stayed behind after class with me just to help me fix my bag.

However, I am also aware of the fact that:

1) He is extremely good looking and I believe, rather wealthy, so he could have any girl he wanted. I would not describe myself as overly pretty, just moderately so.

2) There have been several occasions where we have been alone where he could have asked me out. The fact that he has not done so leads me to think that he just sees me as a friend.

Obviously, each situation is different, but any advice on my conundrum would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

So this guy seem to be showing all the tell tell Singh's and he obviously want to date you. But he seem quite nervous and there's a ©®@p load of pressure on a guy when he'd does this and I no it not considered to be socially acceptable for the girl to ask the guy but it shouldn't really matter and pulse he seams like what I do to girls so if I was you I would ask him out or if you not comfortable doing that tell him how you feel