+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of pot smokers?

What do you think of pot smokers?

Would you get turned off or annoyed if you found out that the person you're dating or attracted to is a pot smoker?
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

I don't like smoking it myself, but I don't think I'd mind it if my S/O wanted to on a VERY occasional basis. I'm definitely not interested in a full-blown pot-head, though.
    Last edited by shh!; 01-09-05 at 05:40 AM.

Tone Guest
    Huge turn off.

I agree that it is a huge turn-off. Funny thing being that when I was in high school I did it all the time. And hell, if it wasn't so expensive I'd still probably do it. But I got caught when I was 18, and was told I'd be subject to random drug tests. It's been 3 years and I haven't touched the stuff since. Too afraid of getting caught I guess.

Funny thing about high school is that everyone acts like the golf team is a bunch of "nerds," but at my school, the golf team was just a bunch of potheads.

Used to be a very heavy pot smoker....in princible i wouldnt have anything against it. But i know that it didnt help me have 3 years of being single. It makes you paranoid and less outgoing, less able to have a conversation with someone - therefore less likely to meet anyone. If you are in a relationship the mood swings, paranoia and anxiety can ruin it, partly cos it leads to anxious, uncomfortable silences....but depending on the person can make real paranoia worse as well - leading to mistrust and some very dark thoughts.
    Smoking heavily its hard to maintain any sort of life.

For me it would hurt my relationship with that person jsut because I am really against smoking much less pot. I have friends who smoke, even family members but I would really prefer that the person I was trying to have a relationship didn't like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by moeburn
    Would you get turned off or annoyed if you found out that the person you're dating or attracted to is a pot smoker?
    Woah you dissapeared. The pot thing? Huge no no.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

To a non pot smoker and ESPECIALLy to non smokers in general, it is a big turn off. You end up tasting like it. Who wants to kiss a smokey mouth? Not I.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't even consider goin' out with a pot smoker.

Or a smoker for that matter.

I can think of lots of things I don't want to taste when I kiss someone: hard liquor, beer, garlic, onions, tomato juice, cigarette smoke, fish... I guess I haven't had much experience kissing someone who has just smoked a joint, so I can't comment on the taste.

But I have to ask: if you all wouldn't date someone who smoked a joint, would you also not date someone who drank alcohol?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    would you also not date someone who drank alcohol?
    I can tolerate alcohol more.

Very very occasional drinking yeah I guess I could still date a girl, but like a weekly thing, no.

I'd much prefer neither.

Its a turn off. I love smoking weed. But I will NEVER date a stoner again. All they want to do is steal your weed, plus I've found that most pot head girls are emotionally unaccessible. I'm sensitive to the U.S. society's general disdain for pot smokers. My gf is that way...so I didn't let her find out till later.

[QUOTE=jay12] mood swings, paranoia and anxietyQUOTE]
    That sounds like meth. I've smoked weed for 4 years...if your seasoned..those shouldn't be the effects. I heard that if you have depression but especially manic depression you should stay clear of marijuana.

I thought about smoking once, then I tried it years later, but didn't find it to strike my fancy one bit. I guess I would be able to tolerate smoking or drinking from the person i'd be in love with, but if it is at all one bit excessive, then my love for them would start to deminish. I actually used to be attracted to excessive smokers and drinkers, but never pot heads. Then, after dating them, my opinion of them changed, alot. There is simply nothing attractive about smoking or drinking. I think I could cope with drinking much better than I would with smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyFoxy
    I guess I would be able to tolerate smoking or drinking from the person i'd be in love with, but if it is at all one bit excessive, then my love for them would start to deminish.
    So if your man became an alcholic instead of getting him some help, you would love him less? Your love is conditional based on your boyfriend's vices?

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    But I have to ask: if you all wouldn't date someone who smoked a joint, would you also not date someone who drank alcohol?
    If it were social drinking while out with friends it would't but me. If it was hardcore drinking it would bother me.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast