+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anyone ever feel like this?

Anyone ever feel like this?

Sometimes i really feel like i have to work hard at leading a normal life. Sometimes it seems like i have to literally try hard to have friends and conduct normal conversations, in short human interaction is not something that comes easy to me, its a challenge.
    It seems like all i think about these days is my life, how rewarding it is, and full my social life is to occupy my time and make me happy. And im talkin about friends here.....not just finding a girlfriend.
    When i was a school, there were times i had friends, and then there were times where it would seem like no one knew i was there (i know teenage cliche, but now im in my 20s!). I cant help but feel that if i dont work at gettin people around me, as in making all the effort to organise social events etc. then i could quite literally sit back and have no friends within weeks.
    I often find myself the one left out of things.
    I know all i can do is be myself, but that is difficult, maybe im making it difficult.....well i must be....but i dont know how to make it easy.

Im not expecting any life changing advice here. I just wanted to air my thougths in this anonomous forum to see if anyone else ever feels like this in a post adolescant stage in life. Please keep jeers to a minimum.
    Thanks,
    J

Tone Guest
    For sure, it's normal I think.

We all go through things like this I think. I know I do.

You sound like you are suffering from depression. But to answer your question, yes, I think it is normal to feel like this from time to time. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it is something you could call "post-adolescence" as that makes it seem as though it is merely a phase you are going through. I think it might be a feeling that comes and goes throughout the rest of your life. Try not to wallow in it or it will suck you down further.

of course, you can't be spending each minute of your life trying to keep your social life updated. i, for example, have so many obligations that i don't even have friends on my priority list anymore. there's alot of shit that needs to be done and you can't go through everyday worrying about how to make or keep your friends. besides.. if you don't have one yet, you need a true friend that should be around regardless or not you have time for them. I'm sure you have other things you sould be more worried about.
    .. and if you feel like your gonna lose everyone by sittin back, let 'em. they're probably not worth the effort you give. find a hobby. do something that will keep you concentrated ant the same time make you happy.

Friends, School, Job Hunting (Jobs for those who have them)

Life is work
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Oh no! Bunny is one step
    (")_(") closer to world domination!
    - LOL @ Fawn's sig

I've determined that Life Sucks and you have to work hard to make the best of it. Nothings fair in this world.

Shadowfox426: The bunny is one step closer!!! lol! Good to know you liked my sig!!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

jay12----"I cant help but feel that if i dont work at gettin people around me, as in making all the effort to organise social events etc. then i could quite literally sit back and have no friends within weeks."

I have experienced this - "Saturday and no plans = loser". But it isn't like college days when there is always something going on. I find it much harder now 'cause people are usually busy doing their own thing. So I have accepted some weekend I stay in; some weekends I have appointments back-to-back. On the weekends I stay in, I just catch up on some reading, go swimming, sleep etc etc. Just being happy with my own company.