+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Been chasing this girl I've really liked for the past half year, shit happened today

Been chasing this girl I've really liked for the past half year, shit happened today

This is my first post so sorry if I'm not following the rules or if the formatting sucks.

I know this is going to sound like another typical high school relationship problem but please hear me out. I am a senior and this girl is a junior.
    I've been interested in her since I first saw her during the first month of lunch last semester. I never had the guts to go up and talk to her until the week we returned from Thanksgiving Break. This was about 3 months after I first saw her and my mentality over the break was, "just go for it, you're a senior, if this doesn't work out, then whatever, its your last year here anyways". So that Monday we returned from the break, I went up to her table and started a conversation, it turned out awful. Keep in mind that in the 4 years here at this school, I've always been more interested in my academics, sports, and social life with my friends, and never paid much attention to girls because I never had the balls to ask a girl out. I was super awkward during the conversation and said goodbye to her a few minutes later and left.

But I stayed optimistic and tried again 3 weeks later on the my last of that semester before we went into the winter break. This time the conversation turned out better and I even had the chance to give her my number. Well, I waited about a day and she never texted me back, so I told myself just to forget it. The next day I get a text from someone who's not in my contacts, excited, thinking that this was the girl, I start hitting it off, and the conversation turned out great. Hours later, I find out this person I've been texting was just a friend of the girl. So I spent the next few days getting to know her through texting and I guess she could tell from my text that I was interested in her friend, the girl that I liked, so she asked me if I wanted her number and I said of course. So now I have her number.

I start texting the girl and the first few days she just responded with short responses like: k, yes, haha, hey, bye. Stuff like that. Then weeks into texting her, I start getting longer responses and getting to know her, for example: her birth name and it's meaning, her passions, etc. Her change in attitude really changed my mood also, I noticed I started doing better at track practices because I would always be thinking about her and just my mood overall was amazing. Never felt so happy in my life because this was the first time in my life that my relationship with a girl was going in the right way.

Now, about 3 weeks in texting her, I received the confusing text from her. I asked her what she was up to right now, usually her response is something mellow, but this time it was different. She told me she was crying. I asked her what happened and she said this guy she had been "dating" just told her that he wasn't interested in her anymore and is going back to his ex-gf. Well, I comfort her and tried to cheer her up. I told her to screw that guy and sent her a bunch of funny videos and we sent jokes back and forth for the next hour or two. At the end of that night, I was pretty sure I'd cheered her up.

Also, the previous weeks, I asked her if she wanted to hang out sometime but she would always say she was busy. So we eventually agreed to know each other better at school before we start hanging out.

Now fast forward a few days, break is over, school is back, I see her at lunch but she's surrounded by her friends and everyone I have a conversation with her around her friends, things don't turn out well. So the week goes by and I don't have a real conversation with her, but we still text after school and I still greet her during lunch.

A few days ago, on my way to lunch I see her in the hall by herself and I was so hype because I was finally going to be able to talk to her alone. Then out of nowhere, this guy comes up to her and starts talking to her, they step over to the side of the hall to talk and hug. As I walked passed them I made eye contact with her but I just kept walking.

These past few days have been miserable for me. I have been having trouble focusing in class, doing homework, practicing, and most of all my mood has just been awful. I'm always peppy and super hype and my friends have noticed. I told them why and they tell me to just forget her. But I can't. I know I should but deep down inside me I'm just hoping this still works out. I don't know if its because she is the first girl I've really got to know or what but I can't forget about her. I know my priority right now is school but I just can't focus. I am lost and I don't know what I should do. I'm sorry if this sounds like another cliche high school problem, but I just need some help right now. Everyday that passes by, I feel like is a day of lost opportunity.

Update: I haven't texted her in the past 4 days, I have always texted her every single day since the first day I got her number. I plan on texting her this Sunday to tell ask if she is taken and then if she isn't I'll just let her know what I truly feel about her and why I started texting her in the first place. Is this a good idea?

I don't think it's a good idea to lay it all out for her like that. That stuff works in the movies, but in reality, it usually turns people off if they don't really know/have gotten a chance to really start liking you. She will probably think of you as weak/lame if you do that. I think you are better off just asking her to hang out one on one with you and see if she agrees. Then at least you'll know if she's at all interested or just bored and wanting someone to text.

Dude if she was really into you she would have let you know. Just because a girl talks to you, text you, etc, it doesn't mean she wants you as her BF. Girls get emotionally attached, and use you for attention, not even considering your feelings or think about the reason why YOU are investing your time with them.

Dude she's been chatting with you while she had a BF....what does that tell you? She is a high risk for cheating.....don't think you have lost opportunity with this one....she's not worth it. Your friends are right, forget about her....I say texting her again will make you look like a fool. Be a man, you have more worth than to chase this attention whore.

thanks y'all for the responses, they're really brightening my day
    im just gonna give it one last shot next tuesday, one last ditch effort, and im going to straight forward with her with my true intention, if it turns out bad, then ill just have to get over her, but i truly thank ya'll for the advice
    ill try and post an update next tuesday on how it turns out

OK good luck.

Sooooo it's Friday......any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Sooooo it's Friday......any updates?
    next tuesday, after mlk day, ill post the update

OK thanks...

First off, thanks for the uplifting responses and advice.
    Now, the update, so I texted her on Monday, MLK Day, we didn’t have school, and I asked her if we could talk privately on Tuesday during school and she said sure. So Tuesday comes around, I texted her during lunch and asked if we could meet up somewhere and talk (away from her friends), she texted back and said she was doing math, I was going to go up to her table and talk to her but didn’t have the balls. This pretty much set the tone of her attitude that she wasn’t interested and I was 80% sure it wasn’t going to work out, but I still wanted to get the final answer. So Wednesday (today) comes around and I go up to her table and ask her if I could talk to her privately. She said sure and we walk into one of the empty hallways and I ask her if she was taken. There was a pause, then she said she was, welp, **** me; at least, she did it quickly and swiftly.

Thankfully, ya’ll convinced me she wasn’t worth it and she was never interested in me in the first place, so it didn’t hit me as hard. I’m already over it, but this has really crippled my confidence and I don’t know if I have the time to ever find a prom date before my senior year ends. Overall, today has been a shit day for me. Pretty much got rejected, then lost my phone during practice, then cut my cheek from weight lifting, hopefully something good happens later on in the week for me. But I love ya’ll and this community; wish more heart-broken people knew about this site and this amazing community. I’ll probably be back in a few weeks or months having trouble with another girl. But for now, I just really want ya’ll to know that you guys are awesome!