+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My bf of 6 years returned back to his ex of 20 years

My bf of 6 years returned back to his ex of 20 years

I feel so devastated on his betrayal. He said his love for his ex is gone but in just a matter of few days that they spent together, all of a sudden everything has changed. My heart stopped beating when he admitted that they were back together. Worst, he did it in front of the girl who was freakingly mad. I couldn’t say less as i was too shocked. For 6 years we never quarrel, it was perfect. How can he ever do this to me?

When we had the chance alone, he explained that he got back to her because he doesn’t have future with me as i am married. Yes, i am married but he knows that my marriage is almost only in paper as it has been in chaos a long time ago and in fact it was one of the reasons why i had to work abroad. At the very start, i warned him that i am married but he insisted until our friendship turned into a deeper relationship. I thought he was deeply in love with me until the freak came back. How can he accept her again when he was betrayed not only once?? How can he do this to me when it was I who helped him recover from this pain? How can he betrayed me this way?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a possibility to win him back when they keep on communicating thru skype & social medias while me, we just meet only once a week? Please help..Should i stay and be a "mistress" or should i let go? He said he will stay by my side until i am ready to let him go. What should i do?please help

Lauging here

... ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Okay, let's be nice. Maybe a little bit of a eye roller but still sounds rough.
    Let me get this straight. So you are married but its been over for a long time yet your still attached on paper? You and your boyfriend have been seeing one another for some time and now his ex is back in the picture.

Well, not many ladies enjoy being a mistress. This is going to come down to this next question. How much do you respect your self?
    Enough to walk away and acknowledge the personal power you'll receive from doing such OR Stay, and get walked all over. I'd say the first one's the best choice.
    Lady, don't put yourself through such a mess. Walk away and get on with your life. Get a divorce, move if you can and start fresh. It won't be easy but easier than you think. You'd be surprised what the Universe will throw your way once you stand up for yourself.

Go get happy. Be proud. You must.

Okay i really really felt for you until I got to the part about you being married. Have you been cheating on your spouse for 6 years straight? It sounds like you have low self esteem and I agree with Woody that you should take this as an opportunity to change your life for the better.

I would advise against being his "mistress". You deserve much more than this.