+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stuck in Limbo

Stuck in Limbo

Alright, this seems like a continuous thing that keeps showing up because i can't handle it myself. Awhile ago I dated a girl for a year. It was the happiest year of my high school life. She had some complications with family and felt she needed a break from the relationship. I was dumb and we fought. I messed up and we never talked again except for theatre related business, nothing personal. Shortly after she broke off contact with all her friends and now her only friend is her boyfriend.

8 months later she starts dating some younger guy. This guy had a short temper and really nobody liked him because of how he couldn't take a joke and was always snooping around and getting in other people's business.

they've been dating for around 5 months now and whenever I see them they're either lovey dovey, fighting, or not even paying attention to each other. He flirts with girls in front of her and she likewise with guys. The only friends he has are girls. On his birthday 20 something girls said happy birthday on Facebook, not one of them was his girlfriend she actually posted on the theatre page about something completely unrelated during that time period.

it pisses me off because I'm still in love with this girl and I can tell she still has feelings for me because of how she's shy around me and I find her looking at me time and time again.

I feel like the only reason she's with him still is because she's afraid no one else will feel the same way, and she doesn't want what happened with us.

It frustrates me because I can't say anything cause boyfriend. Should I just be happy she's happy? No. Because she isn't. Whenever she thinks no one is looking her face and body language both are frowning and sad. I want to yell out that she shouldn't be in this relationship. But at the same time I can't because I haven't talked to her for so long and boyfriend.

Should I just wait for it to crash and burn like I know it will or should I say something? Or should I just give up altogether? (I have tried that, didn't work out) She's all I think about some days, sometimes her smile or laugh is what gets me through the day. When I see her and her boyfriend doing something we used to do I feel a sharp stab to my heart. When I find her looking at me my heart beats faster.

i'm stuck.
    Not knowing what the hell I should do.
    Halp

Set your sights on other girls... broaden your options to more then this group you seem to be stuck in limbo with. Believe it's over rather then putting some kind of spin on it (like she's shy around you or you find her looking at you.) She wanted a break from the relationship with you which means she wasn't in it.

Leave her to the loser guys she's finding attractive and you start looking at other chicks that will be better for you in the long run because they won't want a break from you.

Do you see?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Set your sights on other girls... broaden your options to more then this group you seem to be stuck in limbo with. Believe it's over rather then putting some kind of spin on it (like she's shy around you or you find her looking at you.) She wanted a break from the relationship with you which means she wasn't in it.

Leave her to the loser guys she's finding attractive and you start looking at other chicks that will be better for you in the long run because they won't want a break from you.

Do you see?
    I want to see. I really do want to broaden my options. Im just hesitant. Afraid I'll just forget. I don't want to forget, I don't want to just become some random nobody to her or her to me.

I don't want to forget
    Well then you are the author of your own misfortune. I wish you the strength to change that mindset.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion