+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 2 questions.. Does he really want space? Will he ever talk to me again?

2 questions.. Does he really want space? Will he ever talk to me again?

My ex has been ignoring me completely the passed 3 days. But I've been talking about "us" too..that's probably why because when I asked him questions not related to our passed relationship or post break up, he would eventually answer. And whenhe answered, he was short. And won't carry conversations with me. I know in the past, I've smothered him when he wanted "space" but that freaked me out so I texted more. He told me last week he's just tired of hearing about our past relationship and wants no part of my feelings about it. He doesn't hate me or isn't mad..he admitted himself but he won't talk to me at all now. I know for a fact he's not seeing anyone else so I don't know what's going on. Does he just want me to leave him alone for a while? Will he ever talk to me again in the future? I asked him that last question last weekend and he said "no clue". I want him to talk to me again eventually. I quit texting him starting today. Its going to be super hard to not talk to him. I actually just quit texting altogether and deleted the texting app so I wouldn't be so tempted to text him again. My very last message I sent him, I poured my heart out and also told him I hope hes happy, healthy, and safe. That was that. He doesn't hate me or isn't mad but were not friends either. Not sure if we're even acquainted. He just acts like I'm a stranger to him or someone he's never met. I've apologized to him about the things I've done and said in the past and he forgave me(no, didn't cheat). But I'm just wondering, does anyone think he will ever speak to me again? The only time I plan on messaging him is to tell him happy birthday but that's not until July. Otherwise, he's the one to initiate contact from now on if he wants. I feel like he's getting the space now that he asked for last summer(the space I mistakenly never gave him). I know he's tired of me right now. He said I pushed him away. But is it possible this will change in the future? I guess I'm kinda hoping it will but I'm not expecting anything from him anymore. I always hurt myself when I do that. I'm just focusing on my life but I wish he wouldn't treat me like I'm someone he's never met. Can all this change if I give him a lot of time and just leave him alone? I really want guys perspective since they know all about the male mind. Girls are welcome to share their experiences. I want someone's perspective on this situation. Please help me out with this. Its bugging me! Thank you all in advance

I think it is time to move on and find another relationship. If all you are looking for is friendship then wait for him to initiate the contact. If you are hoping for more than I think you will be very disappointed. You should try and find something to focus on that will take a lot of your time to help you move on and get over him.

It's time to go "no contact" with him. He's pretty much asked for it anyway, so you don't have to tell him you're doing it. Just stop contacting him in any way, shape or form. It really will help you get over him.

I know you would like to stay in contact, but it's rare for exes to stay in contact. Just like in the song, they all eventually become "someone I used to know"
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Does he just want me to leave him alone for a while?
    No, he wants you to leave him alone forever. Make it so.

You waste too much time on someone who isn't interested in being in a relationship with you any longer. Time to do the mental work you need to do to get to the blissful stage of indifference to him. To get there, you're going to have to go zero contact, accept it's over, purposely change the subject of him when he pops into your head and keep yourself busy with family and friends doing fun things that will make your time go quickly and with enjoyment.

You will be fine and you will go onto find someone else... just learn the lesson that when someone is running away from you the worse thing you can do is chase them... it just makes them run away faster. Hone your self-respect and pride to the point where you truly feel that you are better off without someone in your life that doesn't want to be there.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion