+ Follow This Topic
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Sticky situation....help!

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Hmmmm. Very disappointing. He sure seems to spend a lot of time with his ex's family. Has it been like this for the past two months or is he spending more time in that scenario? I've seen your picture, so I imagine if you dressed in a "hot outfit" any man would die to go to dinner with you. What a jip. Did you ask him what happened the night before when he totally blew you off??
    Yeah...it was kinda dissapointing.....the situation with his ex and his daughter is complicated (I'm not even sure I quite understand it)....but essentially, the mother tends to take his daughter over to Orlando for days on end quite frequently, so when he can see her, he does.....so, some weeks, he spends lots of time with her, and not so much with me...and other weeks, it's the other way....

I don't even bother asking anymore "what happened"....actually I did ask him if his mom told him that I called...he said, "yes....I wasn't actually IN the shower yet when you called." So I said, "why didn't you call me back"....His response? "I forgot"....
    Negative Ghost Rider...the pattern is full.

Ha, TAVS has a crush on you!!

Man, I don't know what to say. He does seem to be jerking you around an awful lot. You have to lay off the continuous phone calling though, it's gotta be perceived as desparation.

Play it cool over the weekend, since he can't get together anyway; then try again? (Maybe not the best move though; it's very "Lucy and Charlie Brown-ish. You know, when she keeps pulling the football away)

TAVS brings up a good point too; what if he's seeing his daughters mom?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95

Man, I don't know what to say. He does seem to be jerking you around an awful lot. You have to lay off the continuous phone calling though, it's gotta be perceived as desparation.

Play it cool over the weekend, since he can't get together anyway; then try again? (Maybe not the best move though; it's very "Lucy and Charlie Brown-ish. You know, when she keeps pulling the football away)

TAVS brings up a good point too; what if he's seeing his daughters mom?
    No no no...it's not continuous phone calling......I try a few times, and then give up......and yes...I feel like I'm being jerked around.

We'll see what happens tomorrow........I think I'm going to leave the ball in his court...if he wants to call me, great.....I'm not calling him anymore....I tried...gave my best effort...was going to take him out to dinner.....what more can I do? I've been patient this long....but I'm over it. If/when I have to go up to the feed store....if he wants to initiate a conversation...great...if not.....fine.....I'm not chasing anymore....I'm not just going to wait to be chased

And about him seeing his daughter's mother...I've thought about it.....it's possible (hell, isn't everything)....but not very probable......she's seriously dating somebody....and they had tried to stay together back when they were younger, and it pushed them further apart......I dunno...I'm not saying that it's out of the realm of the real....but I highly doubt it. I think there's a higher chance that he IS doing drugs than that he's seeing another female.

Yea? So? What's it too you? But I try not to let that get in the way of my advice. I don't know what to say now though. She seems to be taking a good approach at it. I just wish he wasn't such a jurkstick. Okay, so he forgot to call her back. Well if he wasn't in the shower, why the excuse in the first place. Anyway, it's guys like this that will help make it easier for me to get dates when I get back out there......well except for the nice guys finish last thing.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Based on his upbringing etc. with his father leaving he is going to have a harder road to travel, thru life. Hate to stereotype like that, but it seems that's the way it's going to be.

If you're honestly comfortable leaving the next move up to him, and williing to move on, I say that's the best thing to do.

You're young, pretty, have a lot going for you; even if I have no idea what the hell that career choice is. You're going to be ok.

Based on his upbringing etc. with his father leaving he is going to have a harder road to travel, thru life. Hate to stereotype like that, but it seems that's the way it's going to be.

If you're honestly comfortable leaving the next move up to him, and williing to move on, I say that's the best thing to do.

You're young, pretty, have a lot going for you; even if I have no idea what the hell that career choice is. You're going to be ok.
    I think I'm to the point where he NEEDS to make a move, or my patience is gone. Frankly, I'm tired of putting in all the effort, getting built up and excited, and then being dissapointed time after time....I don't deserve that...nobody does......so now it's his turn....to do something good....for him to put some effort in, and show me that I'm a LITTLE important to him. If he doesn't, then I have my answer. (Yes, it's easy to say while I'm peeved with him...tomorrow when he hasn't called, I may need some moral support...LOL)

Well it's 10pm Mountain and you havent been in for moral support yet...
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Well it's 10pm Mountain and you havent been in for moral support yet...
    I've been my own moral support Actually, yesterday was really busy for me...so I didn't have a lot of time to be online....but I was good and didn't call him once (and of course, he didn't call me either)...and when I went up to his work, I didn't initiate conversation...but he came over and talked to me....he said," I can come and see you tonight...I'm allowed..hahaha"...what kinda crap is that.....I was very nonchalant and said, "okay...well....if I see you later, then cool." He didn't show up (althought I kinda expected this)...and he didn't call. So, I've given him about a week to do something REALLY nice to show me that it's important to him.....yesterday was day one. If, by day seven, he hasn't put in any effort....well, then I'm done......and I'll be on a plane to go meet TAVS....LOL
    Last edited by Jeblina; 09-09-05 at 10:55 PM.

What ya laughing about? I'll get one of my pilot friends to hook you up with a good deal. Hell I flew to Ft Lauderdale a week or so ago for $50 round trip....Oh yeah, I owe my friend......

Tone Guest
    TAVS, how much for Canada to Lincoln, NE? ;)

Thats International of course...... I think my friend said it's another $100-$200 per round trip for international 'buddy' passes.

Tone Guest
    'ey Nina, what you doin this weekend girl?!

>;D

Down, boys, before you drool all over Jeblina.

Jeblina! You are a glutton for punishment! A whole week? You and TAVS actually DO sound like a match made in heaven, if I might say so. You both are in to self-inflicted pain, plus you have the whole cowboy/cowgirl thing going on...

Tone Guest
    Hey get it right, my drool was directed at bluesummer!

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Down, boys, before you drool all over Jeblina.

Jeblina! You are a glutton for punishment! A whole week? You and TAVS actually DO sound like a match made in heaven, if I might say so. You both are in to self-inflicted pain, plus you have the whole cowboy/cowgirl thing going on...

Yes...I DO think I'm a glutton for punishment! But I figure that 7 days is the right amount of "ignoring" time for him to get a hint and do something....and not so long that I'm torturing myself.

Don't you all think that TAVS needs to take a nice little vacation to FL?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast