+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think she is into me... or am I clueless or hopeful?

I think she is into me... or am I clueless or hopeful?

Hey ladies,

So I haven't dated in over six years because I was in a relationship for five of them, thus my flirting and dating skills are a little rusty. First things first, because there will be some of you, my work is completely fine with coworkers dating, there are literally like over 40 of us and almost everyone is under 30. I've worked with one girl for like 5 years, and I've always thought she was cool, but being in a relationship I never really thought twice about her. Now that I haven't been in a relationship for almost a year, I would like to start dating again, and I very much so would like to date her. I'd just like to see what you guys think of the signals I think I've been noticing.

We share a bunch of interests, and we're both kind of geeks. She is ordinarily friendly to everyone, which makes it more confusing for me, but we always have enthusiastic greetings whenever we have shifts together. She is always smiling at me, and often we catch each other's glances from a distance and smile while we are working. She has confided in me a little bit, just about an argument with her friend, and we worked together several days a week in December. I seem to be able to make her laugh fairly easily but then our shifts changed and we don't work together except for the odd time one of us is covering a shift.

Then today I got the most confusing message of all! She came in unexpectedly to cover a shift and we hadn't seen each other in a while. We had our normal enthusiastic greeting and got talking about stuff, and then I notice as she unzips her coat that she has missed a couple of buttons on her blouse! While carrying on the conversation with our supervisor less than 6 feet away, I am dumbfoundedly thinking, "that's a bit more cleavage than she usually shows lol... Does she know she's missed like 4 buttons from the top, how should I discretely notify her of this critical wardrobe malfunction." Before I can act, the conversation ends, she turns around to check her mail tray, and either notices or decides to button up her shirt. Either this was a very forward signal for attention, or random luck really loves to screw with my mind!!!

What do you guys think? Are these THE SIGNALS or no?

Cheers!

TLDR: I like my co-worker, maybe she likes me, she might have flashed me her bra and cleavage. XD
    Last edited by Darwin2154; 26-01-15 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Put in a TLDR

So I haven't dated in over six years because I was in a relationship for five of them, thus my flirting and dating skills are a little rusty.
    You know, just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you should stop flirting or dating your partner for that matter. Its sad to read that you've let your skills peter out when you and your other half could have and should have been enjoying those two things all along.

Been married for 37 years and we still flirt and have dates with one another.

Now, that being said. I didn't read the rest of your post but I will give advise none the less based on your thread title. If you are interested in her then just ask her out and get to know her. If she's "into you" then she will say "yes" to your request for a date with her. That is the only way you'll ever find out if there is "potential for a relationship" by dating and seeing how it goes.

I will say if you DO form a relationship with her, don't forget to continue to flirt and date her... even if it's years into your union.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thank you for that advice. Of course in my previous relationship we continued to flirt and date. I was referring more so to flirting when I didn't already know that it was welcome.