+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: kissing the ashtray

i smoke, my girlfriend dosent.. i think it bothers her. but not to much to stop dating me. she said i stink of smoke earliar. and it kinda made me think. hang on. i should'nt make her put up with it aswell.

and made me also think. i shouldn't smoke in my own room either. other people live in the house.

i just emptied the ashtray and not going to smoke up here or in her room any more. job done. it should help me quit too.

spike

well i smoke , no not a pack per day , with all the prices being high it's almost at crack price , its getting expensive (before it wasnt even 5 $,now its 10$ where i live ). I think its a very good combination with coffee and beer/alcohol .Most ppl i know dont smoke , but when theyr drinking beer (im not saying their drunk) they like too smoke. Plus if you go to bars , what are you going to do , ALWAYS have a drink(unless u wanna get piss drunk) . NO , you smoke a cigarette . but i dont do it when im around my girlfriend if she doesnt like it and not in front of my family because its kinda disrespectfull.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow Late Vamp,

Prices are expensive by you.... Its like a little over $3 a pack here.

If prices were like that...I would consider quitting. The patch would be cheaper in the long run and eventually I could do without.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

You have to do the Canadian exchange rate thing Ellynn
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Tone Guest
    You guys have to quit smoking!

It's bad for you, don't ya know!

works out about 8USD pack here.. (20)

you can get tax free smokes on the rez.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    You have to do the Canadian exchange rate thing Ellynn
    And the tax thing. They tax cigarettes like gasoline up here.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    And the tax thing. They tax cigarettes like gasoline up here.
    They tax alot for cigs here too supposidly.....and for awhile they were over 4 dollars a pack. Then they came back down in some places. And those places....are where I go.

How much is gas by you? It is $3.29 a gallon here. The highest I saw it here was $3.49 a gallon. Sad, but last week I paid $2.73. Thank god I have a car that Doesn't suck gas really fast.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    They tax alot for cigs here too supposidly.....and for awhile they were over 4 dollars a pack. Then they came back down in some places. And those places....are where I go.

How much is gas by you? It is $3.29 a gallon here. The highest I saw it here was $3.49 a gallon. Sad, but last week I paid $2.73. Thank god I have a car that Doesn't suck gas really fast.
    Uh, gas is about $1.20/L right now. For quick conversion, thats about $1.00 USD, and 1 Litre=4 gallons. So, It's like, $4.00 a gallon here. Damn. I'm driving down across the border to buy my gas...it's better even with the exchange. And I own a bloody SUV.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

you might as well get your paycheck and shove it down your gas tank!

as far as the tax in canada, it's because you have socialized health care and probably other generous welfare benefits. better than our taxes. our taxes fund wars and the extravagant lifestyles of ceo's and politicians.

I love beaurocrats. Especially the cigar-chomping kind.
    =D
    Yeah, don't smoke, never will. I don't think I'd be able to go out with someone who smokes.
    =(

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

yea , we pay taxes because of health-care , old ppl that are retired and cops/firemen and other things that can be of benefit , the thing is that we pay so much because of baby-boomers (now , most of them are getting retired) so when we(our generation) will become old , the younger crowd will have less taxes to pay and THAT really is a pain in the ass , knowing that i have to pay more because of some old horny geezers that couldnt help themselves from having 10 kids , dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    1 Litre=4 gallons
    Other way round honey.

Also count yourself lucky you're not living in the UK. We're paying almost £1/litre here, which is $1.84/litre. 1 litre is 3.785 US gallons which makes that $6.96/gallon

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    yea , we pay taxes because of health-care , old ppl that are retired and cops/firemen and other things that can be of benefit , the thing is that we pay so much because of baby-boomers (now , most of them are getting retired) so when we(our generation) will become old , the younger crowd will have less taxes to pay and THAT really is a pain in the ass , knowing that i have to pay more because of some old horny geezers that couldnt help themselves from having 10 kids , dammit.
    i think you meant to say that you will have to pay more taxes. but yes, the younger generations will have to pay more and more taxes to bring us back up to speed after the baby boomer generation retires. but the welfare system has really done nothing since the beginning but work to catch up with itself. the u.s. has a lot to learn from canada about health care though, because we're paying high taxes too except only part of our population gets health care; those that can afford insurance, old people, young children, disabled, military, certain politicians, etc... while many, MANY people are left without it. but those many, MANY people are still paying for it. ah, the joys of capitalism. don't even get me started.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast