+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This might seem like an odd question, but . . .

This might seem like an odd question, but . . .

Does anyone else feel like they suffer from a constant feeling of "regardless of how I feel about [insert member of the opposite sex], there's no way they could feel as strongly towards me"?

Basically, after a lot of introspection, I've come to realize that I struggle with the notion of believing/acknowledging that another person could love me the way I love them. I have a feeling it's at least somewhat related to two or three relationships I've had in the past where I guess I felt some really strong feelings for the girl, and then (for various reasons), the relationship was terminated somewhat abruptly, always by her. This sort of "rejection" feeling probably has something to do with it, and maybe what I'm saying is super common or maybe it's not all that common, I really have no idea.

I'm just wondering who else experiences these kinds of feelings. It's weird because I used to have no trouble at all allowing myself to feel deeply "in love" with someone else, but lately I seem to be subconsciously unwilling to do so, probably for fear of the bad things that can happen when you put it all out there.

Sorry, can't help you there. I always love like I've never been hurt; not letting past rejection deter me from seeking what I desire.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Sorry, can't help you there. I always love like I've never been hurt; not letting past rejection deter me from seeking what I desire.

I'm certainly glad to hear that. Approaching love the way I seem to have been doing lately is no way to do it at all.

Love is a strange emotion that makes no sense whatsoever. Just blow off the past. Yesterday is gone and has nothing to do with today.
    Confucious say, "Woman who put man in doghouse soon find him in cathouse."

Quote Originally Posted by RogerWilco
    Does anyone else feel like they suffer from a constant feeling of "regardless of how I feel about [insert member of the opposite sex], there's no way they could feel as strongly towards me"?
    Oh yea, several times, though the feeling seems to come about after the break up as opposed to during the relationship.

I completely know that feeling....usually when i am proper into a girl. But then there are other times when im not that bothered about the whole thing and its the other way around.

i always think that it is the best feeling in the world when you meet someone who likes you as much as you like them. its always has to be equal. but answering your question i think we all feel that we love someone more than they love you because when your in love you feel like the luckiest person in the world and no one can be as lucky as you.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What an odd question.

I would tend to think going "balls out" for love might now be the best thing to do. why? Because in the early stages of relationships, infatuation, lust take over. Let's be practical about certain things; yes, the feeling of attractiveness may be mutual, but would do you know about how they live? How they react in times of crisis (real ones, not like "oh, I have nothing to wear...")

I tend to feel the slow and steady approach is better. However, I analyze everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    However, I analyze everything.
    It's a curse aint it?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    It's a curse aint it?
    It sure is, and one that has cost me dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by equivo
    It sure is, and one that has cost me dearly.
    I dont think over-analyzing has ever cost me anything, but it sure brings about a lot more stress.

One of the reasons my last gf dumped me cos I analyzed everything too much

That may have just been a pseudo-reason though.