+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Men's first important relationship

Men's first important relationship

Hi,

I just joined this forum hoping to find some advice from men's perspective. I just ended a relationship and even when we weren't together for long, there was a very special connection between us however I found out once the relationship was over that he had lied to me about a couple of things mostly because he thought he had to impress me and unfortunately that brought us apart.

I still have feelings for him and find it difficult to believe that he just moved on so quickly not only because of the connection and feelings but also because I now know I was the first woman he actually had a meaningful relationship with where we would spend almost every night over each other's places, most weekends together and I really felt he cared about me.

My question is, are those things as important/remarkable as I think they are? I mean the first time you spend nights with a woman and that kind of stuff or do you men don't think about them after you break up?

Also, do you find easy to have a connection with a woman or does it not happen that often and how important it is for you as part of the relationship?

Another thing is I just found out he is using dating sites. Is it possible that he still cares about me even when he is looking to meet women? And if so, in the case he meets a few and/if there's no connection, would you normally settle or go back to your ex?

Thanks in advance for the replies and opinions.

Why did you break up with him? You're obviously still stalking his activities and you're wondering if he still has feelings for you? Makes me wonder why you ended it?

Also what you say "bought you apart" you didn't even find out about until after you broke up with him so what is this all about then?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I didn't break up with him, he did. The reason why I'm confused is because a friend we have in common recently brought up things about our relationship that could only know if he had told her and she didn't know we were friends in common or so I thought.

But my question is do men forget the person they had that with easily? I am pretty much the only person he has dated and connection is very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Why did you break up with him? You're obviously still stalking his activities and you're wondering if he still has feelings for you? Makes me wonder why you ended it?

Also what you say "bought you apart" you didn't even find out about until after you broke up with him so what is this all about then?