+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texting

Texting

What's up with the one word text ? He seems to text only when it's convenient for him. Do I play his game and not text him back right away?

Without knowing any background info it's really hard to answer. Maybe he is just busy or he doesn't give a sh*t.

Thanks but the I think might have messed up things when I told him I was not a priority. See use to date then he broke it off.. Then out of then blue he calls me back.We decide to remain monogimius. And when we meet he seems distant.So I know I made a huge mistake and moved in with another man. The man I live with I like but don't love we are more like roommates. Since then we have remained friends and text each other everyday a couple times a day. But since I told him I didnt feel like a priority he wouldn't text me or return my texts. Do just not text him . Said I was sorry for what I said but no reply . What do I do?��

It's really difficult to understand you because of the grammar. Did you tell your ex boyfriend that you don't see him as a priority atm?

If that is the case then you have offended him and it's a difficult situation. Your best bet would be to get contact with him. I assume he reads your messages but he just doesn't answer. You could try writing him that you want to get together and talk things clear. Tell him that you want to explain what you feel and you would like to know what he wants. This way you can both move on with your lives - together or not.

No I said he doesn't see me as a priority

You live with another man Janet. I think you should put your focus on that man and forget about the other one all together.

DO NOT TEXT HIM AT ALL. EVEN IF HE TEXTS YOU.

... and

There is no point to posting this same thing yet again. You live with a man so put your focus on him or leave him if you can' do that.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You live with another man Janet. I think you should put your focus on that man and forget about the other one all together.

DO NOT TEXT HIM AT ALL. EVEN IF HE TEXTS YOU.

... and

There is no point to posting this same thing yet again. You live with a man so put your focus on him or leave him if you can' do that.
    She said that she doesn't love the other man, they are just roommates (at least that's what I understood). If you said to him that he doesn't see you as a priority and he then doesn't contact you then I guess.. he agrees with you. He wants distance.

I don't love the guy I'm with i like him a lot and he's a great guy but I love my friend. Now he won't answer my texts because I said I felt like I wasn't a priority in his life. What do I do I know I need to quit texting him and just let things be. How do I stop myself?

Well.. if you want to forget him then deleting his number is the right thing to do and also deleting all the other contacts you have with him.

Your going against your grain. Your living with a man you really like but do not love. Then your wrapping yourself up in egg salad being in love with this other man you pushed away by demeaning yourself with the whole "I don't feel i'm a priority in your life"
    Well, could be bruised feelings but generally when one loves another and it's mutual, they find a way to be together. If you want to know what he's feeling (the one you think you love), stop the texts, call the man up, meet him and figure it out. 'Games' have no place in a genuine love connection. Not saying your playing games persay, just placing too much on the text communications. F__ texts. Kick it old school and use your words in person. Body language, vibes become much clearer when your actually standing in front of the person.

If you don't find out how he's feeling face to face, your going to continue the torture and I imagine for all three people involved.
    and oh yes, if the guy your living with loves you yet your pining for some other guy, not good. Not good for anyone. You owe it to all involved to make a decision and stand by it.

It's not that it's just the opposite I wants my friend back. I don't understand why he quit texting. All I did was make one comment about not being a priority. And he won't answer any of my texts

Quote Originally Posted by Janet62 View Post
    It's not that it's just the opposite I wants my friend back. I don't understand why he quit texting. All I did was make one comment about not being a priority. And he won't answer any of my texts
    Janet, he's not a regular friend so please stop pretending he can be. The sexting and flirting very frequent texting is NOT what "friends" do.

And no, of course you're not a priority to him. You're an ex!!!
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Yeah, if you read my post I'm not saying you don't want your so called friend (that your in love with)back. I'm saying you flippin do want him back.
    Well here's a thought. Why don't you go over there using your legs and talk to him face to face. NOt fb, not text, not social media, face to face.
    and then there's this possible yet sad 'possibility'. (and i'm sorry to say so forgive me) BUT, if he isn't returning your call outs, maybe he's attempting to give you a hint without actually having the balls to tell you where he's at, he's using the old (yet inconsiderate) silent treatment.

Something you need to grapple with and if this is the case, dear lady, don't spend too much time dwelling.
    Sometimes the heart wants what it cannot have just because it can't have it. You say your living with a good man who cares for you? So what, are you just stringing him along? Why move in with someone you don't love especially considering your in love with someone else all together? Seems you set yourself up for heart ache.

Turn the tables? Would you call back someone who says they love you yet there living with another woman who loves them?
    food for thought
    Last edited by woody; 04-02-15 at 12:49 PM.

I live in Michigan he lives in Kansas

I've tried to apologize via text because I can't actually see him. But he won't return my texts. Do I just let it be and stop texting him? Or do I keep texting him?

yes - just let it go.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast