+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitamins and health supplements.

Vitamins and health supplements.

I make this knowing probably no one will post on this, but I am curious what are some good vitamins and supplements to take for hair, skin, overall energy and mood?

What ones do you take daily and how long before they begin to work and any side effects?

Hair, eyes, skin are drier is the winter and I want to look and feel more refreshed, maybe ones that aid sleep as well.

Thank you.
    Last edited by lovebroken; 05-02-15 at 08:58 AM.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

The only supplements I take are some really good probiotics If I've been drinking too frequently and need to get my gut healthy again. Generally speaking, we've far better to address our diet and lifestyle than take supplements.

Look at a balanced diet, reduce alcohol, adequate rest and exercise. Try to make your own food from scratch so as to avoid all the nasties which come in pre-prepared "food". And if sleep is an issue, reduce caffeine and computers before bed.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I take a One a Day multi vitamin, because lots of times I don't eat enough or the right foods and need to add a pill. I also take Biotin for my hair.

Nuts are great to eat for health and looks too, cashews and almonds are ones I eat the most and I no longer use lettuce I sub spinach in because it is better for you.

try fish oil pills, lovebroken, that is what my sister always took. that and juicing, drinking her fruits and vegs.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Try flax seed, in whatever form, seeds are what I have ~ its full of omega 3 fatty acids that help issues you mentioned.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Maybe you need an iron supplement, go to your doc and see if you have an iron deficiency, my ex had that and had to take a iron pill, think they also took a Vitamin C pill -- check that out if you don't already take one [ it supposed to work with the iron supplement].
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I suggest use natural powders instead of vitamins in pills. Fish oil is good for skin and hair as well are the nuts. There are stuff to be found on myprotein.com and bulkpoders. Also they have things for mood but they should not be taken regularly because your mood cant depend on some powder.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Thank you for replying, basilandthyme, dollhouse, Exeter19, breathe123, Jffs24 and pcmaster.

I will look into each suggestion made by all of you, still several moths of winter misery left and definitely want improvements made. I don't drink too much alcohol, basilandthyme but I do drink a lot of coffee. I will investigate, fish oils, flax seeds, juicing, extra vitamin C and iron, a multi vitamin and biotin, some of these things I have never heard of before, so I'll research. What are natural powders, pcmaster? Are they for health shakes?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Lovebroken ~ flax seed is great you can put it in drinks, rice, cereal, oatmeal, pastas, salads and it isn't that expensive but so good for you. Just a health boost.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Well [MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION] I been watching this superfood XS at myprotein.com. Its basically based on dried fruits with high antioxidant value. People been reporting more energy and improved skin looks healthy glow. You know same as you would naturally get from eating fresh fruits and vegetables everyday except that is 5g powder of them. Theres also vegetable based powder on bulkpowders website. So there is enough versions of this. As I see this these powders are better than vitamin pills and do something good too.

Agree with flax seed. It makes skin look healthy and I been researching oils and oil that is in flaxseed is better than that in olives. Basically I didnt find any better oil only oil that I like as much as flaxseed is fish oil.

Thank you, pcmaster. How do you use the crushed fruit powder, in drinks, or on foods? Have you ever tried Maca Powder, someone told me that is good too? Are these things athletes use? I'd rather take the powder you are mentioning to me over taking a pill.

Try coconut oil, lovebroken. My BFs sister swears by this. In her hair, on her face, taking off makeup, in drinks with food, lots of uses & health benefits from it.

Just google benefits & uses of coconut oil.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Its best to use fruit powder with water. Never tried Maca powder isn't that a libido booster? Athletes usually don't use fruit or vegetable powders, They usually overdose with synthetic vitamins and it works for them because it gives them more energy and edge in muscles. At least thats how I used to do when I was young and stupid. Now I really think that vitamins from pills are not needed for good health and all you need is in natural fruits and vegetables.
    Those superfood powders are expensive but they good too.

Btw I heard that coconut water is good after exercise.

Hey L.B

I'll add a few to your stellar list. Hemp oil, 3/4 tbsp daily and down the hatch. Hemp oil (cold pressed) contains close to 80% polyunsaturated fatty acids (essential fatty acids that our cells need to regenerate) and is the most reputed unsaturated oil derived from the plant kingdom. (good stuff)note: without essential fatty acids, there wouldn't be life..
    Also, you mentioned 'feeling' better. Well, between the cold pressed hemp oil and the above products mentioned by others, you've got some good stuff there.
    But allow me to offer one more. 'Rescue Remedy' tincture from your local health food store. It would be in their 'Bach Flower Remedy' section. Google it and see all it can do and has done for many many people over many years.
    good luck

^ Good advice, woody.

Pcmaster that's right I knew it was not just the oil, thanks ~ coconut water ~ too, put into juicer for healthy drinks & oil for face, hair beauty.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast