+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friends With Benefits or More?

Friends With Benefits or More?

So, I've recently entered a friends with benefits type of relationship. We met online and both of us just got out of relationships within the last month and a half. He's made it a point to tell me that he is not looking for anything serious, which I am fine with since I just got out of a serious relationship. So we agreed to be friends and have sex and what not. Well I'm really confused as to what he is thinking because he is giving me mixed signals.

He texts me ALL DAY LONG. I'm not even joking. He texts me first thing in the morning when he gets up, texts me all day (and replies VERY quickly, usually within two minutes) and he texts me last thing before he goes to bed. He always wants to hang out. I've stayed with him several times and a few of those times we never even had sex. We just hung out and watched movies. Well when we do hang out, he always wants me to spend the night. Then the next morning when I'm ready to leave he will suggest going to grab lunch or watching another movie and I end up staying there all day and spending the night the next night as well. He also told me the other day he really enjoys hanging out with me and wants to go on a "real date". He is always inviting me to hang out with his buddies and I've met 4 or 5 of his closest friends. His birthday is coming up and he told me that he really wants to spend it with me. He also got VERY jealous when one of my guy friends texted me. It was a week ago and he is still talking about it and he is always asking things that make it seem like he is trying to find out if I'm doing anything with any guys other than him.

I'm just really confused because he said he doesn't want anything serious but he said he likes me a lot and he always wants to hang out (even without having sex) and he wants me to hang out with his friends and spend his birthday with him and he's not too happy when I talk about another guy. He's kind of treating me as a girlfriend. We hang out two or three times during the week as well as Friday AND Saturday nights (then I spend the night and we hang out the next morning/afternoon as well). This just seems like a lot of time to spend together if he didn't want anything serious.

My question is, DOES he like me as more than just a "friend" or FWB? When he says he doesn't want anything serious does that mean he just needs time after his breakup or does he not want anything serious at all? I'm not expecting this relationship to progress into anything more than FWB but he treats me as a girlfriend and I just want to know if he is hoping to one day make me his gf (after he gets over the breakup) or if he is just treating me as a gf to fill the void of losing his ex.

I don't know if this makes a difference but his last two girlfriends both cheated on him and he describes his most recent ex as "crazy". He seems to think that most (if not all) girls are crazy cheaters as well. He has also made it a point to tell me that he is a great boyfriend and even husband material. And he's told me that several times.

Based on your post I would say that he is definitely thinking of more than a FWB relationship with you. If this is not what you are looking for than ask him to slow down a little and tell him things are moving too fast for the FWB relationship that the two of you agreed upon originally. If however, you are interested in more yourself, than again you need to sit down and discuss the situation to get all the cards on the table so both of you are on the same page and there are no misunderstandings in the relationship. Either way after talking together you both will know where each other stands and whether the relationship can progress as usual or move in another direction that both of you want it to.

Rather then gather opinions from complete strangers that don't know him and have never talked to him privately about how he feels about you why don't you just ask him what's going on? You have no qualms about sleeing with him and touching his gennies so I'm thinking you should be able to ask him if he wants to take this to the next level or is he just over-stepping Fvck buddy rules and regulations.

What we GUESS will have zero barring on what he is actually thinking and feeling.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion