+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Valentines

Valentines

Hey guys,
    This is my first post so sorry it seems silly.
    So i've been seeing my current boyfriend since October and he's great but Valentines Day is coming up and he hasn't said a single word about it. I feel crazy for worrying about it but i'd like to do something for our first Valentines...
    Should I say something to him? And if so how and when?

Yes, mention it to him! Just smile and say "So what do you want to do for Valentine's day?" Some people don't take the holiday as seriously as others so if it's important to you, mention it.

Thats what i've been thinking but friends have been saying to wait!!
    Thank you though, I think I will!

Yes I agree you should approach him and ask about potential plans for valentine's day. Most men have a tough time understanding why women place so much importance on the holiday as their brain isn't wired the same and to them it is more important to be with you in the moment than to plan a head. This doesn't mean they don't plan a head it just means they usually have to be prodded into making the decision instead of procrastinating over it. Try to choose something that the two of you like to do a lot and tie it into a special occasion for Valentine's Day. I'll bet once you prod him a little he'll be into whatever you two decide to do together. If not, then some serious conversations should occur to discuss your future together.

Here is another vote for casually asking him. There is nothing worse then having unvoiced EXPECTATIONS and then getting yourself all upset because the person hasn't done what you've silently expected.

Communication is the key to having our expectations met.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I'll cast my vote in with everyone else. You should just ask him about it. If he seems open to the conversation, then by all means let him know what you would enjoy doing.

I love hearing exactly what my girl wants so I can give it to her.

I agree take to him, it's not a big problem or prepare some dinner like a romantic meeting