+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A New Career

A New Career

Hmmmm, I wonder what type of education would be required to become a Relationship Counselor. I've been in Computers my whole life and it's not really satisfying. I also know, that what I really enjoy in life is relationships. They motivate me like nothing else. And to be honest, with a bit more training, I bet I'd be good at it. I'm sure it pays well too.

I'm no Ellynn, but then again, who is.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Um...no. I don't know you too well, but from what I've seen, I don't think you'd make a good counselor. No offense. Neither would I. I was a Math major. You are in computers. I believe that there are two parts of one's brain, and I don't think the Math/Science/Logic side would make a good counselor.

Stick to computers, more money anyway.

Computers are boring. I hate my job. I want to be more involved with people. Being a one man IT department doesnt help matters either. Relationships arent very logical are they.....
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I was considering taking computers as a potential future career, however I'd rather keep it as a hobby, because it's something I enjoy. If I took it up as a career choice it wouldn't be as enjoyable ya know?

Personally, I think you should do what you enjoy. Many people are stuck in jobs they don't enjoy and are only in it for a money. To tell you the truth, I'd rather be in a job that I enjoy thoroughly with a shit pay, than a job I feel I have to endure. Hope that helped.

Yea, I think everyone feels that way for the most part. However, I really enjoy the things money can buy me. I like not having to pinch pennies or worry if my paycheck gets delayed due to a holiday. I would definately have to take a pay cut if I switched jobs, even if I stayed in the field. I haven't gotten to the point where I wake up dreading going to work, so that's a start. Hell these days, I prefer anything to sitting at home.

Trust me on this: money matters. it makes things alot easier. If you have the opportunity to make money, do it. Then, when you're rich beyond belief, you can work for what makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Computers are boring. I hate my job. I want to be more involved with people. Being a one man IT department doesnt help matters either. Relationships arent very logical are they.....
    I think logic and practicality are necessary ingredients for good relationships. When do things EVER work out correctly when relying solely on your emotions?

Tone Guest
    I was thinkin about a career in landscaping, what's that involve?

Yea, the argument can definately be had both ways. When it comes to compromising, logic is a good tool. She does this for you.....Shouldn't she at least be able to expect that from you??? I was half joking but it's an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Are you serious Tone? My Ex was considering architectural landscaping as a grad school major. I could give you some info.

Tone Guest
    Yeah, I get so many ideas of stuff I wanna do, just so undecisive.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My original plan was to be a counselor. I was enrolled in school and everything....but I was also only 18 at the time...and college was overwhelming. It was also fustrating finding out I had to do all these prerequisite courses that had nothing to do with what i wanted to go into. and that it would take at least a Masters degree....so i dropped out.
    Then I started working at a hospital and kinda got interested in that. I liked the social interection. So I enrolled at a community college and did my prerequisites for Radiology.
    The last week or so(as a CNA) has been getting on my nerves. The patients have been so demanding.....the family members are worse. I swear..I feel like a personal punching bag at times. Its fustrating when you are given 10 patients and most of them ring for help at the same time. Then they get pissed for having to wait....because I was busy with someone else. Sometimes I just feel like I should get out of this and do something else.....

Im also still waiting to get into school for Radiology and it seems like its taking forever. I finished all of those prerequisites.....and it seems like IM going no where....and I do not want to be a Nursing assistant for the rest of my life. I would probably shoot myself... LOL. I wouldn't, but the stress gets to me at times.

Plus I would like to make more money..... I make decent money now...but I want to live comfortably. So I know more schooling is the way to go.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    This involves you be Mexican and an illegal alien.

lilwing89 Guest
    my original plan is to be a bum

dont laugh

i hate my job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast