+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Uncertainty

Uncertainty

I love my boyfriend. Things were going great until Thursday. Suddenly I am doubting whether I love him. Where did this come from? I feel fine when I'm wth him, not ecstatic like I was three days ago. How have I suddenly switched off?? Any advice you could give would be much appreciated. E

Where did this come from?
    Maybe you should tell us? You were there (not us) so what has he changed that suddenly made you feel indifferent to him?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I have no idea. One night everything was perfect and I woke up the next morning with some serious doubts.

Is this a pattern for you? or
    Do you have some sort of fear of commitment so you're self-sabotaging?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I'll admit there have been times when I can't be bothered, but this is a new thing for me. But I would love to have a future with him, commitment is something I'm not afraid of!

Maybe it's hormonal? How have things been since you last posted?

I'm hoping it's simply that. He came round last night and things were fine but the thought was always in the back of my mind. I feel like I'm on autopilot doing the things I normally would with him just without the emotion that goes with it!

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, I WANT to be with him and I WANT to spend time with him. The thought of him being with someone else makes me feel sick. I was excited to see him last night too! So where has my emotion gone?

How long have you two been together? Do you live together? Is this one of your first serious relationships?

Spidey senses may tell us much about the inner gut feelings but your story is rather vague and without detail, we cannot offer details in return.
    Could be hormonal as WakeUp said, yup, could be that. Could be that and other stuff too. details please.

Your not supposed to feel butterflies and ecstatic all the time.. i think your making a deal outa nothing. If its not broke, dont fix it
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

So where has my emotion gone?
    What emotion do you feel is gone? The "lust" you mean is gone?

I think maybe just do something new...entice the relationship alittle bit. You may be over reacting and maybe scared that the relationship is going to another level? IF your still feeling that you would be jealous if he was not with you and all that, clearly means you still care. I say just work more alittle into the relationship and maybe talk to him. Its not good to hide things and be with a person just because it feels right.