+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Whats Going On

Whats Going On

I Need Your Help ...

I was engaged to a man for 5 years and broke the engagement off 2 years ago. It was not a pleasant breakup that resulted in no communication for 9 months when out of the blue he called. We had a few lengthy phone conversations and finally had dinner in February.

I was hoping upon hope at that time that he would have come to the realization that he needed to change and would tell me. No that didn't happen after a 3 hour dinner I got quite the shock of my life. He stated he was over me,has no feelings and has moved on. I asked him if seeing me tonite did anything he said no. Well I dusted myself off and never spoke to him again until last week.(August)

We both met up at a business meeting. I was walking the boardwalk with my co-worker when I spotted him across the way looking at a billboard. I felt I was far away from him not to spot me. Boy was I wrong,he must have because a few minutes after going past him in my ear he said hi. He gave my co-worker a kiss hello whom he really doesn't know and then gave me a kiss which shocked me and then proceeded to place his hand in the palm of my hand strange wouldn't you say???

The following evening he was downstairs in the hotel lobby I was staying at and must have seen me. When I got outside my co-worker said boy you should have seen him check you out. The following evening we had to attend a party. I was there first and saw him come in. I choose to ignore him since I felt we said what we had to 2 days before. A short time later I had to go past him and his group he wasn't close to me,as i am walking by his arm comes out to stop me and he gives me another kiss and asks how am I doing? Hello

A short while later his co-worker and myself went upstairs for some air and a little while later my ex comes upstairs to take a call. About 5 minutes later he comes back and jumps right into the conversation like he belongs there. In fact the guy said after he left I was at one point going to go back inside I thought you 2 might have some unresolved issues to talk about. Anyway he goes back in after about 10 min. or so. The party ends and everyone is making there way outside. My ex is already outside with a friend of his and the rest of us come out. Were making plans to go back to the hotel i'm staying at and go to the bar. I don't know if my ex asked or someone told him where we were going next thing you know he gives me another kiss and says have a good nite.

We all go to the bar and are sitting around when all of a sudden you guessed it my ex pops up. Mind you he doesn't like bar scenes and noise which both were happening and it wasn't even the hotel he was staying at. I don't get it. I choose to act like he wasn't there he stayed for about an hour or so and left. I said nothing and when he left said nothing either.

I don't know what to make out of this. This man told me in February what he thought about us and know this ,what is the opinion of everyone. Have I lost it or is this man playing mind games and says something and thinks something different.

I'm very confused. Thank you for allowing me to vent.
    Last edited by Mztbelle; 07-09-05 at 03:59 AM.

Who knows. Tough one. Remember though, people say a lot of things they don't mean, especially when hearts come into play. What do you think about the whole situation? Do you have any interest at this point? If so, it might help if we had a bit more background on what went wrong.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Sounds like he said that to you back in Feb. to test you or something. Then all of this happened. It's really confusing but I say stand your ground and keep your eye out to see what his next moves are. I wouldn't just assume, I'd let everything just play it's part out but be on my toes. Ex's in many ways like to play games.

thanks brkn dreamz,it just doesn't seem like normal behavior from someone that made it very clear in Feb. that there was nothing left and has moved on don't you think. And I don't think it's very normal to be kissing your ex-fiancee,don't you agree?

Thanks for letting me vent. This one goes in the books for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Honestly, I don't like the sound of this guy. One month hes over you.......and then a few months later hes into you again. No explanations...no apologies...etc. Just expects you to pick up where the two of you left off......

I would talk to him. Say...."Hmmm...I thought you were over me?" ANd see what he says. If hes all about getting back into a relationship with you.....I would be skeptical. But if hes just flirting to see how you react and doesn't want a commitment...... get away from this guy....he sounds like trouble.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Ellynn,

Thanks for your reply and you made alot of sense. Howver,he doesn't does he. I'm glad to hear that you think the same way I thought my mind was playing tricks on me again. I just wish I could figure out what it is he wants I have stayed my distance and have moved on and then it seems he just pops up and acts like I'm supposed to kiss his feet.

This time I was very aloof,I don't know if that's what he expected or someone that he thought was going to track him down and beg to talk to him. That's what has got me puzzled what were his intentions.

Thanks for your advice