+ Follow This Topic

Thread: love curse?

love curse?

Hi guys,

Does anyone here believe one can be cursed to not be loved by someone? I just feel like I'm one of those guys who is so unlucky in finding a someone who ACTUALLY finds me good enough to date.

Even though I've built my confidence up a bit in the past year, I still feel like I am I destined to be alone for the rest of my life....because in my head I've started to get used to the idea...

Please help.

Your friend,
    soccerguy987

I do know how you feel for sure, but I don't believe in things like curses. Stuff like this, albeit wildly unfair, is just the way of the world. Sad, but true. I sort of have a double standard against my own self in this case. I truly believe that everybody who wants love will find it.... I just don't believe I ever will.

That being said, I am sure you will find somebody, it will just take time. Trust me, I know how much that just sounds like words. The only thing you can really do is not give up. No matter how hard it may be sometimes, just keep trying. You gotta be in it to win it, as they say. Just don't allow yourself to get desperate. Honestly, being alone is better than being desperate to not be alone. When you are desperate, you can make big mistakes and wind up with somebody who is terrible. Heck, even when you are not desperate, and are actually using your head, you can still wind up with somebody who is terrible, so it is best not to throw gas on that fire, so to speak.

If looking for love gets too exhausting sometimes, just continue to live your life and don't specifically LOOK for love, but just keep yourself open to it. Take up hobbies that may bring you around more people (preferably of the opposite gender) and you never know where you may meet somebody.

Again, trust me, I know how much all of this just sounds like words. I know how it can be to feel like none of it ever does or ever will apply to you. I'm there with you myself right now. But, no matter how hard it is, you can't give up. Just do your best to be happy with you, and hopefully in time the rest will fall into place. Good luck, my friend.