+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will there be a chance in the future? if so what should I do from this point

Will there be a chance in the future? if so what should I do from this point

So I pretty much met this girl around a month or so ago. We hit it off really well and as you could guess I ended up liking her a lot. She ended up liking me too and we were happy for about all of January. The problem is her boyfriend died last year and she was still coping with it. She told me she wasn't ready for a relationship but I told her I'd wait on her, so we went on with this somewhat of a relationship. Also she had just moved to my city so that was another reason why she wasn't ready. Anyways about 2 weeks ago she randomly told me that she wanted to end things and just stay friends. I was hurt so I said we needed a break from each other. Anyways after a week we started talking again and we are friends, but I still have feelings for her. Like will there be a chance in the future to try it again or should I just end everything?

Just end everything. Why would you want to hang around a chick all moon-faced and pining for her when you know that she doesn't want you the way you want her? You'll just stagnate yourself from getting over her and thus be unable to seriously look for another chick who will want to be with you in a romantic way.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I would say its a very difficult situation. Be there as a friend, and give it some time. She is coping with a death and maybe just needs time to get over that. Its a 50/50 chance that she may turn and see how caring you are for her. Best thing, give it time.

^^^^^ Ugh. No don't waste your time being someone's emotional tampon. Its THE worse thing you can do to yourself to stagnate with her instead of being proactive seeking out someone who is ready and willing to be with you sexually/romantically.

Never be a chicks male girlfriend.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I agree at the comment above, but for me if you still want the girl if i were you i know its hurt waiting for someone like that situation, maybe do what she want, you should still treat her like a friend (a gentle friend) soon she will know your importance. But its a huge bet an all or nothing maybe.. Btw bro i need ur opinion at my problem in this thread too

Quote Originally Posted by SDelight View Post
    I would say its a very difficult situation. Be there as a friend, and give it some time. She is coping with a death and maybe just needs time to get over that. Its a 50/50 chance that she may turn and see how caring you are for her. Best thing, give it time.

You got it bro!