+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend doesnt show any interest

My girlfriend doesnt show any interest

my girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years And 3 months, we are 17 right now, and we got together in 2011 out of just a random attraction and have been together ever since, even in the beginning she showed little interest, and it seems to me that I'm just one of those people she talks to when no one else is around, she always is around her friends talking and laughing with them, then when I come she quiets down and doesn't laugh or talk, I even tried talking to her friends for her but it doesn't help, she never ever tells me I love you first, only when I buy her stuff she does and I know it sounds bad but it's true. She doesn't like affection at all, and pulls away from me when I grab her hand or go in for a hug, and is disgusted when I kiss her on her lips or is always reluctant when I kiss her cheek. It doesn't seem like a big problem but to me it feels like it, when she pulls away or pushes me off right when she does it I feel it in my heart and body and I just get all hot and flustered, my eyes get a little watery and I'm kinda hurt, Idk what to do, but just ask what is your opinion on this...

You say it isn't a big problem but IT IS.
    3 years is way too long to be with someone who doesn't reciprocate affection and it seems she takes it to another level all together by not only holding back on the loving but to push you away like that makes me wonder why you put up with this.
    You say you love her but at what cost?
    You are young. I suggest you seek someone who isn't ashamed of sharing tender moments. If you stay with her, you are continuing an unhealthy cycle and do yourself no favours by enduring this behaviour for much longer.

I am sorry if this seems brute but we all need love man. The right lady for you will not only embrace your kisses but return them ten fold in return. Know this.
    Sounds to me like she doesn't deserve you man.

Woody nailed it.

Some further comments from me: She doesn't seem to enjoy your company and isn't affectionate so I'm wondering why she's with you now. Is it habit? Perhaps she's scared to let go? I think she's used to having you around but doesn't have that loving feeling and doesn't know how to let go. Mate, this isn't what a loving relationship looks like and her behaviour should not be acceptable to you.

Time to move on. Find yourself a girl who loves your company and who is happy to have a physical relationship when the time is right.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It takes you three years to figure out she's really not that into you? Dude, if a girl doesn't treat you the way you want to be treated you don't go out with them anymore, simple as that. You cannot make her or force her to act the way you want her to......dump her you fool, there are other girls out there that will be willing to crawl all over you, etc. You are 17 now, stop with this kiddie stuff and man up.

Yes young Sir, time to grab your britches, allot more self worth, pride and self motivations and move on.
    I hope you get this.

I want to add this: I know 3 years of someone is a stint and it may be difficult to move on from when their all we've known. The self doubts, the questions we'll ask ourselves like "will I find someone else".
    Well the answers are 'Yes you will".
    This young girl is not treating you very nicely at all. If you continue allowing her to treat you this way, you do neither of you any favours. For your own good, your own positive future, I really think you should seriously consider breaking up with her. Show and prove to her you will not be treated this way.
    You have much to give to the right lady. I feel strongly that this lady your with now, is not that person.

Break up's are hard but they are do able. Re gain your pride and do right by yourself
    Last edited by woody; 16-02-15 at 08:53 AM.

I can't add anything else that hasn't been already said.

Time to cut the string, young man. You will miss her being in your life for a while but you deserve to get to feel what its like when the girl you're feeling on is feeling you back. There is nothing like it in the world and you're missing out on that rush. Stop stagnating yourself just because you're afraid to break the habit of her being there.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion