+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should my daughter and wife talk about when she visits her in jail and what ques

What should my daughter and wife talk about when she visits her in jail and what ques

I am considering letting my 15 year old daughter visit my wife who is in jail for seven months for a financial crime. I am willing to stick by her and not leave her because I feel She made some stupid mistakes but it was out of character so I think she just got herself into a bad situation and make some poor decisions. And I am not defending her or saying she should not serve her punishment. I told my kids she is rightfully serving her punishment which is the right thing for her mistakes. I am wondering what is the best way to prepare for this situation and how to handle it. I have a daughter who is 14 and she seems to be handling it fine. I told her right away about it and she reacted pretty calmly. She later joked about how "now her mother is the one being ordered around". I have no problem with that really as it is probably better to joke a bit instead of being hysterical.

One thing I am wondering is what are the things they should talk about. I hear that all conversations in jail are recorded? Would it be better to stick to casual things ?

also my daughter will no doubt want to ask my wife questions about what it is like inside there. Is this a good idea? Out of curiosity if you were to ask an inmate questions about what it is like in jail, what would you ask them? Is it even a good idea to let her visit?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I understand questioning whether or not she should visit, but I find it interesting you think you have the right (or even ability) to control what their conversation consists of.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Is your wife not the mother of your daughter?" The way you word it, it sounds like they are not related.

Why don't you just let your daughter talk to your wife as what comes natural to her?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I understand questioning whether or not she should visit, but I find it interesting you think you have the right (or even ability) to control what their conversation consists of.
    Why is this?

Could you answer some questions instead of just asking them, please.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion