+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you tell a girl you like her?

How do you tell a girl you like her?

Okay, so it's been over a year since I liked this girl(We'll call her G). I'm not going to go into details into how that came about but, basically it's been long. I told some of my friends and then one day G found out that I was thinking about asking her to homecoming. She told my friend she was afraid of rejecting me, so I didn't ask her. G was in the fall play, and I went to see the play opening night. After that, we had a conversation online and it was perfect. I complimented her and it went really good. I started talking to her and we started getting closer. Then second semester came and I've been struggling to tell her that I like her. I want to tell her she's beautiful, because she is, but whenever I'm about to, my heart starts to race as if I'm about to have a panic attack. I made myself a promise, that I was going to tell her by the end of this month. The thing is, I have to get her to like me, or at least be closer to her. Don't worry, I'm a master at romance, it's my favorite genre to write about. The question(s) are, How do I approach telling her all this without seeming creepy? How do I get the courage to tell her? What romantic things can I do to get closer to her (what's romantic in your opinion)? Thank you for your help.

Daisies or some other flowers freshly picked; leave them on her locker stealthmode without anyone knowing their from you. Depending on her level of depth, (though you say she was in the Fall Play which tells me she's theatrical and most theatre people love poetry. I suggest you write or use one of the greats; again, stealthmode. Eventually, your going to have to talk to her. It is a leap of faith. Exposing yourself in a way that will leave you vulnerable. Welcome.

but know this: if you do not tell her, she will not know. And that's no way to live man. Kick it old school, romantic style... Worse case scenario? She says she only wants to be friends, you remain in her life, she gets to know you better that way without pressure of a union and maybe eventually things lead to more.
    Best case scenario? You two hit it off and the rest as they say becomes history.

Woo the girl. Be original, keep it real. Do what comes naturally and next time your heart starts beating outside your chest, breath and then breath again, nice long deep breaths.... This is, after all,... your life.

How do you tell a girl you like her?
    By not letting her friend zone you like you have this girl. Being a woman's friend first, before you've let her know that you are wanting more then that, very rarely (if ever) works out in your favor so don't make that mistake by getting yourself friend zoned where you'll never get promoted past that. If there is some attraction to you then she will accept an invitation to go on a date with you. If there is none, then she will turn you down.

You ask her out on a date and you use the word "date" and if she accepts your invitation then you show her in actions that you are sexually and romantically attracted to her during the night and at the end of the night you go in for a kiss. That will clearly show her that you want to be more then her male girlfriend.

If she turns you down and doesn't want to go on the date then you stop all communication and you set your sights for someone else that interests you. To remain her male girlfriend (truly lame) is just you wasting your good dating years on someone who doesn't see in you, what you see in her.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-02-15 at 09:37 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I guess I forgot to say that she found out I liked her in first semester and then we still got closer. In second semester, we drifted apart, and then she found out I liked her again, which she replied to as "I thought he was over me". Oh well, thanks anyway! Here's to Monday, where I'll see her next!

Yea... you drifted apart because you never asked her out on a date. She thought you friend zoned her and she let the you drift. Don't rely on friends, mutual friends or relatives to ask someone if they like you or tell someone that you like them. Have the confidence to ask someone you have attraction to out on a date. Don't confess "feelings" that don't have any basis or shows of reciprocation. Don't reward anyone with flowers when you're not even romantically linked (sorry woody but that's not a good plan until after he knows that she likes him for more then a male girlfriend).

Live and learn. Ask her out Monday. Form something with her before you "confess" or "gift"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

No worries. Hey what works for one doesn't work for all. Wish someone would give me flowers.

You wouldn't "wish it" if the flowers were from someone that hasn't even taken you out on a date. Its a rather creepy feeling actually to have to deflect someone's unreciprocated feelings away from you.

They are always wonderful though when they are from someone you feel the same way about. That's why I recommend he doesn't force his feelings on her with gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Yea... you drifted apart because you never asked her out on a date. She thought you friend zoned her and she let the you drift. Don't rely on friends, mutual friends or relatives to ask someone if they like you or tell someone that you like them. Have the confidence to ask someone you have attraction to out on a date. Don't confess "feelings" that don't have any basis or shows of reciprocation. Don't reward anyone with flowers when you're not even romantically linked (sorry woody but that's not a good plan until after he knows that she likes him for more then a male girlfriend).

Live and learn. Ask her out Monday. Form something with her before you "confess" or "gift"
    This^^^^ 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't make her jealous by going to another girl after you ask her out. This may cause loads of drama, especially if the girls are acquaintances or friends. Head games may seem exciting at first, but in the end, they are a relationship killer. Take any natural opportunity for contact. If you can brush her hand with yours, or are sitting close enough to press your knee against hers, go for it. Just remember that while the touch feels electrifying to you, until you know how she feels, don't assume it's the same for her. Watch for signs that your touch was welcomed or un-welcomed, and act accordingly from that point on. If she says "no", understand that you can always try again with another girl that you like. But if she wants to give you a chance and she finds out that you already asked someone else out, she will feel as if you really didn't mean it. Give it at least a month before trying with someone else.

Old thread..............