+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my co worker intrested in me or i am just reading too much into this?

Is my co worker intrested in me or i am just reading too much into this?

I have had a crush on this co worker for a while now but i am not sure if he likes me in that way untill recently.He would always be friendly and smiles at me when i first worked with him.We would talk about casual staff ,nothing personal whenever i would run ito him in the bulding. So i never thought anything out of it.I just thought he was just being friendly.It just wasnt enough for me to think that he likes me back.

I dont work with him everyday but here and there since i am casual position.I get scedule to work on his floor maybe one a week or once every other week.

However,yesterday i decided to wear make up at work to look nice for him since i knew i was working on his floor.Then sometime during the shift he called my name to get my attention.He asked me if i went out last night.I said no and asked why.He said its because i have an eye liner on so he thought i might have went clubbing or something like that.I just blushed and giggled.I never wore make up before at work untill yesterday

Then later on during the shift when no one was around he was like So you did your make up today,you look good``.I just said thank you and blushed again.Then he wanted me to get some ice for a patient hand that was swollen in the kitchen.He got me a plastic for it in is office.I asked him if he ever goes out and he said he sometimes go to a pub with friends,thats about it.I then confided him on how i am going through some personal issues dealing with my moms death and all.I dont why i told him this but it just came out.He said he understands because his mom is also sick.

So is this a positive he might be intrested in me or am i just reading too much into it.I mean i wouldnt tell a guy that they look good unless i am attracted to them. Should I flirt with him to hint that I am interested?

Well you two do work together and with this comes a certain amount of simple common courtesies in the workplace so it would be difficult to tell if he's sending you 'i like you' signals when really all he's doing is being polite; that being said, your the one there, not us so we wouldn't know really.
    First question. Is he actually truly 100% single?

The only thing you can do (if he's single that is) is continue being yourself and seeing how it goes. Your the only one who will be able to tell if he's just being polite in the work place or if he's genuinely flirting with you and wishes to know you better. Only you can tell this.
    Just tread carefully though. The last thing you'd want is to put yourself out there too much only to be told he merely is being polite as we all do in our place of work with co workers. It could make for awkward moments for you.

Again though, your the only one who will be able to tell if he's interested. And if you feel he is, let him ask you out..