+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i met someone else today (please help me...)

i met someone else today (please help me...)

Hi all,
    im new to this forum and i registered just to ask you guys this question.
    i am a 23 year old male and i have been in a relationship for 2.5 years with my girlfriend now.
    we live together, actually have a lot of arguments etc, but despite that we love each other so very much that we look mostly at the positive things. we can also be really cute together and in the deepest of our hearts, we care about eachother.
    we also live together.
    we both go to parties a lot together, you know what happens, we talk A LOT with other people, ive been talking to many very cute and sexy girls, some of which if i might have wanted them, i could maybe actually get the.. they never got to me, i kept loving my cute girl unconditionally.
    tonight, something very weird happened. i met a girl on a party, but i felt different about her..
    i have a feeling that we are connected or something. i understood her and she understands me. i could REALLY get along with her.
    it felt so much different than talking to all these cute girls ive met before.(i also talk a lot with guys, meaning that its just some talking)
    when i talked to her, it felt like i instantly found my soulmate. love at first sight maybe.
    now this is weird dont you think? its not like she is the cutest girl that i have ever met or something.
    and i still deeply love my girlfriend honestly very much.
    but with her it was special. we then exchanged phone numbers and had some very fun conversations tha night we went home. the talking was so natural and talk from our sincerity if that is the correct word(im not english)
    i felt so good about talking to her.
    now she probably doesnt love me yet, she might even be a big challenge if i wanted to get her, who knows..
    we even discovered that we both have autism spectrum and ADHD.
    autism spectrum disorder, we both have this same thing. if you know what it is, you might even understand maybe why we could get along so well. how big are the chances that be both have these things, its only normal that we understand eachother.
    now this situation confused me ofcourse. i still love my gf no matter what, but this girl, it was SPECIAL. i cant put it to other words..there was a spark, a connection.

now i am wondering why this is and what to do with this situation. im really lost here.
    im writing this a few hours after us chatting, so its not long ago at all that i even met her.

if you guys could talk some to me and give me any advice, i would SO MUCH appreciate it...

please dont think im a bad guy and i never cheated on my girlfriend. but i cant deny this special feeling that i have about her.

thank you people for reading my personal problem story. you are good people too

Edit: oh i forgot to say this. Im usually not the casanova type, as i said i have autism spectrum, its not bad but i can be a little different. I am not the kind of guy to post this here, i am even surprised of myself that i actually registered to ask a love question..
    I also have my kind of pride you know xd but the fact that im even asking you guys for hell must really mean that there is something going on with my feelings... thanks again for taking your time with me folks....
    Last edited by 032091; 23-02-15 at 03:15 AM. Reason: adding info

If you are going to stay with your gf then stop talking to this other girl because if you don't you will end up first cheating emotionally on your gf and then, more then likely cheating physically on her.

You CAN NOT have it both ways and keep your gf and keep talking to this other girl so you have to grow up and make a choice. Leave your gf and pursue something with the girl you met at the party or sever all ties with the girl you met at the party and continue on with your current girlfriend.

When you are that attracted to another person then it is your responsibility to nip it in the bud and go No Contact because it will be almost impossible for you to not get your emotions involved further then they should be if you keep nurturing your attraction to that person.

When you think there is "love at first sight" then the last thing you should have done was exchange telephone numbers. Does this girl know you are in a longterm relationship with someone?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I have no doubts you're "not a bad guy" but you have been disrespectful to your girlfriend by exchanging numbers with a girl you are clearly attracted to. How would you feel if your girlfriend did that and was contemplating seeing another boy again? You should either avoid all contact with this new girl or do the decent thing with your girlfriend and end it before you really hurt her! It's not fair to think about messing her around

You are being a schmuck! If you love your girlfriend as much as you say you do, you wouldn't be sitting here talking about "soul mates" and "love at first sight" b.s.!

Sorry to be so blunt, but give me a break!! Tell your girlfriend the TRUTH; that you're a low-life who can't keep his heart in one place, and that she deserves better while you run off with some party skank. Your girlfriend deserves so, so much better.

There is no such thing as "love at first site".. your bored in your current relationship and looking for some excitement. Forget the other girl and try to fix the issues your having with your gf. Try to spice things up.. you never solve problems in a relationship by turning to someone else. Its just an easy way out. Relationships take work so put some effort in. If things don't improve, break up and then you are free to do whatever you want but until then, stop sabotaging everything and try to work it out
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".