+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online dating is a complete waste of time and a billion dollar money maker

Online dating is a complete waste of time and a billion dollar money maker

Okstupid, baddoo, plenty of fish, matchdotcom you name it are all complete failure sites for youngsters. I think we all wasted less or more time on them with usually 1 outcome F A I L, still many of us just gets back on new ones again and again and hopes that he will get lucky.

Trust me you won't and here is what I realized:

1, Good looking woman are all taken, therefore they don't have to come to sites like these, therefore 99% of girl profiles with sexy pix are fake

2, Only the trash remains: all the real woman on these sites are f'd up some way. They either ugly, old, mentally ill or there is something wrong with them

3, People who are operating these websites (often criminal syndicates) are making billions of dollars on them legally. None of them are free, all comes with restrictions like:
    -you are only able to send x amount of messages a day
    -you are not allowed to view big images
    -you are not allowed to view more than x images
    -you are not able to see if someone viewed your messages

etc etc. IF you not pay and what do they use the profit? probably paying poor dumbshsts from 3rd world countries like india to create thousands of fake profiles with gorgeous looking girls to lure more men in.

The only reason why I didn't felt it as a complete waste of time was because I was able to use them from work every day from my phone.

I wonder if there is any decent looking woman here who is dating online, using these sites and will tell me why is she dating online...

Polarbear, you seem to have an issue with appearance. Are you stunningly good looking?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I suspect Polarbear is not getting any. Poor lamb.

Yes, woman also told me that I'm handsome. I work out a lot to keep my body in shape, I also expect my partner to be decent looking. Not fat/ugly etc.

I have a date via a dating website so it worked for me. But I expect she's really slutty and overweight.

I wouldn't use a dating site, I don't trust it at all, I'd prefer a friends set up or meeting someone around my city casually.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear33 View Post
    Yes, woman also told me that I'm handsome. I work out a lot to keep my body in shape
    So if you're so gorgeous, why do you need to do online dating?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You're only contemplating the overweight girl because she's probably the only one who replied to you.

Plenty of good looking, successful, smart people online - it's no longer just the place for fat, socially awkward guys who live with their mums. Problem is, these smart, successful, good looking people will tend to communicate with people in their league. You are not in their league for whatever reason. Clearly, you need more than a bit of muscle to attract the opposite sex...and while it is commendable that you keep yourself in shape, I'm guessing your face/personality must be unattractive. Maybe you have the charm of a leper. There are always reasons...and people prone to narcissism don't see those reasons.

I think I explained it already but I will do it again. I work for a small company (~15 people), I will never get to know anybody there. I get into my car at the morning go to work, get back home at 8pm. I don't know anybody in the area so how do you think I will meet women other ways than online dating?
    I went to some so called "meetups" but the girls were utterly ugly there. Just seems to me that the good looking woman are all taken already and all is left for the rest of us is some leftover garbage.

Well I see a lot of good looking guys with ugly girls. Actually in over the years I just seen few case where girl is better looking that her guy. And I understand why its like that. Because ugly girls are easier to get and keep around. Beautiful women are struggle because they are picky and harder to impress they have higher expectations. And you are right they are all taken. Only crazy chicks are without boyfriends. You are from Germany lol. Some smart girls there.

I think you should just start by earning friends in area you live and then go out with them after work or on weekends and you will meet some girls there, then just chat with them ask for their phone number. You can also try chat up girls in grocery stores and on a street.

Hope my guide will help you.
    [url]https://www.loveforum.net/the-relationship-news-and-articles/85674-guide-interacting-girls.html[/url]

loveforum.net/the-relationship-news-and-articles/85674-guide-interacting-girls.html
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Such a shame. You sound like such a lovely guy

I've unfortunately been on and off dating sites as well, for the past 5 years. I agree that the majority of women tend to be the "leftovers" of the dating world. My experience with online dating started in 2010...and most of the women that were on the sites back then are still on there now. Why? Because they've brainwashed themselves and skewed their perception. When you give women access to pick and choose from many many men, they become more and more picky, until the point that they will never be satisfied. Before online dating, everyone had to pretty much accept the small pool of people within their social circle. Now with dating sites, dating apps, social media, smart phones, the pool to fish from is almost infinite. The people fishing in it are stuck in a never ending loop, throwing everything back, thinking they will find something better. Men tend to accept women based on being attracted to them. Its simple, easy. But women on the other hand tend to look past the surface attraction, and try to find substance. Before online dating, you had to interact, and get to know the guy in order to do that. But now, with personal profiles, women are able to read, analyze, and judge each guy. In the woman's mind, when she itemizes his traits, she makes her own uneducated decision on whether or not this guy qualifies. But if that same guy somehow randomly met that woman in person, without using a dating site, that woman would be forced to judge him on how "he" presents himself, based on his personality, manners, and social interaction which would give the woman a totally different outlook of him. Woman tend to be their own worst enemy when it comes to dating. Because they are not any good at "picking" who they date. Do you think cheaters, liars, and womanizers are successful because they are master manipulators...or do you think they are successful because the simple fact that most women easily fall for flirting, some well placed compliments, and attention?

You know, I don't think I'd agree with the specifics of polarbear's complaints, but I definitely do agree that datings sites are almost completely bull crap and a waste of time. From my experience, pretty much nobody takes it seriously. If you messaged one million people, you'd probably hear back from one, and it would never go anywhere.

Maybe the experience is different if you are unbelievably, impossibly good looking, I don't know. I am definitely not crazy-level, Bradley Cooper good looking. At the same time, I am not a bad looking dude, and I don't care if that sounds cocky because I lived through most of my life thinking I was a worthless, hideous nothing. I've finally learned that I'm a good guy, and I'm not that bad looking to boot.

Doesn't matter on a dating site. You need to be Mr. Perfect to even get a second look. One thing I am learning in my life now, people like that aren't worth my time. You can't even put in some effort to try to get to know me when you were supposedly on a web site to get to know people, then to Hell with you. I wouldn't stop to put you out if you were on fire (especially considering I probably started the fire. :-P )
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 25-03-15 at 08:04 AM.

ugly?,fat?ill?,,,,,,,or just an ill mannered twat?,,,,,,poor polar bear,,,such a catch himself eh!.......good grief,just when you think you seen all sorts!

loks are superficial,personality and loyalty is vital,remember we all lose our looks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast