+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online dating is a complete waste of time and a billion dollar money maker

I have a friend who is female and very attractive and goes on those sites. She's in her thirties and has been single for a very long time...why? Because she is picky as hell! Guys will need to have a 9.5/10 in looks before she even messages them. If she goes on a date, she'll find something that isn't perfect and then back to the dating pool she goes. In this generation, I think we've become so desensitized to other human beings. Potential love interests are resorted to selfies on a social media site. You can browse through 60 profiles in a minute and judge people without even meeting them in person. It gives the young generation a skewed reality that there's plenty of fish in the sea. The guys will try to find the hottest girls. The hottest girls will try to find the hottest and richest guys. At the end, no ones happy.

To the op, why don't you join "beautiful people.com" if you don't want ugly girls?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've done the online dating thing... and gave it up. I've had a lot of dates (which I suppose can be seen as "success"), but I have decided that I don't care for the quality of the men in my age-range.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Peter, you do make some good points. A lot of what you mention is what "experts" supposedly say about creating an online profile. Have at least a few good pictures. Try to give details about your hobbies/social activities/etc. but not go on and on too much. Try to have some pictures of you doing something fun, or outdoors, or something like that. Advice like that. When responding to people don't just respond with some short message like "Hey! You're cute. Wanna date?" Actually put some thought into it, tell a little about you, a little about why they caught your eye, ask them more about them, etc. (But, again, not a super long message right off the bat.)

.... Yeah. It's all bull crap. It makes absolutely zero difference. When I finally decided I was going to try to get back into the dating scene, and try dating sites again, I wanted to take it seriously. I wanted to put my best foot forward and not just half-arse it. It makes no difference. It's still the same load of worthless sacks of crap with no interest in actually connecting with anybody. I will say this. At least I have been lucky enough to mostly avoid the crazies.

As it would turn out, due mostly to other reasons and having very little to do with my online dating experiences as of late, I have just grown sick of people (yet again) and am honestly just done with it all. At least for now I am done trying. I've wasted way too much of my time with people who don't deserve me, so I'm done putting myself out there trying to find the few who do. Maybe that will change in time, but for now I am done with people.

Hell, at least all of this crap was good for one thing. I've gone from a guy with no self-esteem to being a guy with a relatively healthy self-esteem. I'm still not now, nor will I ever be a World Champion of self-esteem for sure. LOL! But, my experiences with waste of flesh walking piles of rotting excrement have made me finally realize I'm a pretty good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear33 View Post
    I think I explained it already but I will do it again. I work for a small company (~15 people), I will never get to know anybody there. I get into my car at the morning go to work, get back home at 8pm. I don't know anybody in the area so how do you think I will meet women other ways than online dating?
    I went to some so called "meetups" but the girls were utterly ugly there. Just seems to me that the good looking woman are all taken already and all is left for the rest of us is some leftover garbage.
    Your last sentence? There's your problem right there. You refer to some women as "left over garbage". So your a certifiable asshole yes?. No woman wants that.

Ya, even the so called good lookers with good hearts steer clear of men who refer to anyone like that, moron....good flippin grief, wtf (think about it and go little further than skin keep)
    So whether you were having a bad day or not, i'd work on a little more compassion there mister man; meanwhile, keep stroking
    Last edited by woody; 27-03-15 at 06:16 AM.

LOL! Agreed for sure, Woodster. Gals don't exactly swarm towards the kind of guy who goes around saying things like "Yeah, just a bunch of ugos and fatties on that site." Well.... at least not healthy, normal, sane women. In my opinion, there is no such thing as "ugly" when it comes to physical attractiveness. What is ugly to one person would be exactly what another person finds most attractive.

Don't get me wrong. It is fine if you feel like many of the people you find on these sites are people you do not personally find attractive. You can't help or change who/what you do and don't find attractive. But, having an attitude that they are all "ugly" or "losers" or whatever is not exactly going to help your case.

Well, that is until you actually try giving people a chance only to learn they are pretty much all ugly on the inside and losers who think they are hot $h*t and go around treating everybody else like they should agree. I've learned that from experience.

Fair nuff there Jester Man,

Perhaps (though I could be mistaken) what it comes down is putting our own best forward so that what we project is what is reflected back to us.

People do the best they can do for what they've got going on at that time in their lives. Mote it be so.

Here's hoping we all gain the compassionate approach

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12