+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will he freak out if I suggest meeting up

Will he freak out if I suggest meeting up

I'm hoping to get a feel for what might be in his mind. He is my guitar tutor for a few years now. I see him on a weekly basis for an hours lesson. Due to unforeseen circumstances he will potentially stop teaching in a months time. Meaning I may not see him again!

I've been fancying him for some time, though have never done or hinted it in any obvious way. Unless me trying to hide my real desires has done the opposite and he has worked it out!

Nonetheless, nothing dodgy has ever happened between us. I think he is quite shy, but I also sense he's rather professional also. Neither has ever mentioned anything ever about our relationships. I don't think he is seeing anyone, and as far as I'm aware he isn't in a serious r'ship during the time I've known him, though you just never know!

I have a belief that men will take proper action if they're interested. It's been a few years now and as decent as he might be, he hasn't made any remarkable moves. He's invited me to his gigs before, but nothing became. We get on quite well in class situation but I get a feeling he gets awkward outside it.

So question for the guys is, trying to get into his head for a moment.. I would hope that we could meet up for a catchup drink after the goodbye. If he doesn't suggest keeping in touch and I'm the one who initiates it, would that be bad? If he hasn't asked, I assume he's not interested in seeing me again. Would me doing the initiating be too forward and just asking for rejection? Well, it would just be a catchup drink, that's what I hope he would see!

How old are you? How old is he?

mid thirties!

Why not give it a shot. What have you got to lose. But I suspect the fact that he hasn't made some kind of move is quite telling.

nothing is stopping you go ahead and do like you said its OK to try and fail than not trying at all
    dr Leo the powerful love spell caster

drleo.co.za

he will but eventually accept... i feel... big difference between boys and MEN nowadays...
    Only for Women!!! You have to watch this awesomeness on how to RULE OVER MEN!!
    http://www.KleinKleine.Comlu.com/lod.html

I know it's a bit crazy but call me a feminist activist if you want 'cause this is real POWER!!
    and yes girls I get a little commi if you get it but it's so interesting I wanted to share it. Ciao bella

-

If you feel confident that the two of you had a connection during your time together than go a head and ask him out for a catchup drink. During the time together try and prod him for more clues as to his feelings for you. He may well feel that you are not interested in him so he isn't initiating any interest because of not wanting to affect the relationship you have together now. Shy men usually need to be given an opening to allow them to express their feelings without feeling uncomfortable. In this case it is recommended to be the aggressor without being too forward otherwise you may never get the answers you seek. If you find out that he is taken or not interested than at least you can rest easier knowing. If he is interested and wants to keep seeing you or perhaps get involved than you would have never known this if you didn't take action and move on your instincts. Good Luck!
    Last edited by nootkan; 02-03-15 at 10:45 AM. Reason: type o

Well ask for his number, add him on FB and ask out. If he likes you he wont reject you.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

i read you. makes total sense. just doesn't help that i am equally shy and wanting to hold on to my dignity as well!
    he's a difficult one to read. although he's very comfortable in his element (the music), and he's quite interested and happy to talk about the topics i bring in about my life, whenever we go slightly into his private life (i.e. not the music stuff), its like he closes up. what i know about him and what he's comfortable revealing is mostly about his work, or music. it's as though he gets funny even when i ask about his time off.
    or could just well be my silly female instinct being too analytical!

If you don't try you never know. This is the case where female have to take man role for a moment otherwise nothing will happen.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will